Private messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Private messages

I'll explain this the best I can, I appreciate any help offered.

For example:

I recieve a private message, I read it, I close it out, leave my website(I'm still logged in via "Remember me option", I return to my website and that same private message I read 5 minutes ago pops back up as if it were a new message.

What's going on with that?

Vbulletin 4.0.8

It could be a cookie issue, I suppose. What is your cookie domain set to? And do you allow users to browse your site via both yoursite.com and www.yoursite.com?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Geez. Good questions. Best I can do is check when I get hone. I'm not sure about either question.

Comment

Yeah, I am new to all of this, I don't know how to answer either of those questions.

How would I find out the answers to those questions?

Comment

AdminCP > Settings > Options > cookie settings > cookie domain

As for the second question, can you go and browse your site via both yoursite.com (no www in front) and www.yoursite.com? Or do you have a redirect in place so if you enter yoursite.com into the browser, you end up at www.yoursite.com (or vice versa).

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
            AdminCP > Settings > Options > cookie settings > cookie domain

As for the second question, can you go and browse your site via both yoursite.com (no www in front) and www.yoursite.com? Or do you have a redirect in place so if you enter yoursite.com into the browser, you end up at www.yoursite.com (or vice versa).
            Cookies is set to: .Dallascowboysuniverse.com

I can access my site with and without the www.

Thanks for explaining that for me.

What do I do now?

Comment

I hope you mean .dallascowboysuniverse.com not actually .Dallascowboysuniverse.com ?

Create a new style with no parent:
              • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
              • Parent Style: No Parent Style
              • Title: Default vBulletin
              • Allow User Selection: Yes
              • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                I hope you mean .dallascowboysuniverse.com not actually .Dallascowboysuniverse.com ?

Create a new style with no parent:
                • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
                • Parent Style: No Parent Style
                • Title: Default vBulletin
                • Allow User Selection: Yes
                • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?
                I'll try that.

About the bold part, it's all lower case, no caps. Would that be a problem if it was? It's not, but it sounded like that would be a huge deal.

Comment

Some servers are case sensitive which is why I asked.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X