Email notification of edited posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Email notification of edited posts

I am finding that many spammers are now writing legitimate posts, which pass our human review of them (we setup email notification on all posts). However, they edit the post a month later with spam text and links.

How can I setup the system to email us when a post is edited?
    Surety Bonds

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Bummer...

Is there any other way to catch these? Our manually searches for them right now are painfull to say the least.
      Surety Bonds

Comment

There is no function in vB to locate edited posts. Sorry.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I can't be the only forum admin that is seeing this new spam tactic. Are there any 3rd party solutions?

Any idea if this would help the problem? http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=230921
          Surety Bonds

Comment

Sorry I really don't have any experience with that or any add-on. You should ask over at vbulletin.org

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks anyhow...

With all of this spam, I might just take my forums down or switch to different software.
              Surety Bonds

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X