Hacked Damn IT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Hacked Damn IT!

Nothing like having a hacker inside of your guts and you don't know how he got there. I have the most updated version of VB. They don't have access to my server , they are only gaining access to my user and pass. Here is the jacked up thing. I have a htaccess user/pass set to get into the admincp so to be honest I'm lost on how this F*cker is doing it. What really pisses me off is now they took a copy of my email list.

One thing I do know is that VB needs to keep 1 person on staff all day googling stuff like this. http://h4ck3r.in/board/showthread.php?tid=1673

Im sure this is how they are doing and it. You would think by now that you guys would be on top of your game more and YES I do blame you!

I look at code and software like being the man of the house. If someone breaks into my home while Im a sleep its my job to make sure I put him down to rest before he gets a hold of my family.

Same goes for VB. Its your job to stay on top of your game and make sure that when things like this are being implemented that you have the know how and the ability to find these exploits.

WTF am I paying you for? I have 90,000 members on my forum and your messing with my money!

I want answers!
    Last edited by moneymaker; Thu 20 Jan '11, 1:43pm.

If it were that simple, then all the vBulletin sites would have been hacked. The only time in about 8 years of running vBulletin I've had trouble with a hack was because my server admin was a moron and the server was compromised. How do you know its the fault of vBulletin that you are being hacked? I don't see any widespread outcry in the forum of other people with their sites getting hacked.

Its important to stay current so you don't leave yourself open to exploits. You are posting a link to a hack for 4.0.1 when the current version is about 8 or 9 releases past that. You do realize the current version is 4.1.1, right? Hackers find exploits eventually with all software, and then the developers plug them. I've received many, many alerts over the years from vBulletin when something is found that needs plugging. You could also remove the version number from the copyright notice and completely avoid the linked hack.
    Mikey
    PDAPhoneHome ... Get Converged! / NortheastFoto ... Get Imaged!

Comment

Originally posted by moneymaker View Post
      Nothing like having a hacker inside of your guts and you don't know how he got there. I have the most updated version of VB. They don't have access to my server , they are only gaining access to my user and pass. Here is the jacked up thing. I have a htaccess user/pass set to get into the admincp so to be honest I'm lost on how this F*cker is doing it. What really pisses me off is now they took a copy of my email list.

One thing I do know is that VB needs to keep 1 person on staff all day googling stuff like this. http://h4ck3r.in/board/showthread.php?tid=1673

Im sure this is how they are doing and it. You would think by now that you guys would be on top of your game more and YES I do blame you!

I look at code and software like being the man of the house. If someone breaks into my home while Im a sleep its my job to make sure I put him down to rest before he gets a hold of my family.

Same goes for VB. Its your job to stay on top of your game and make sure that when things like this are being implemented that you have the know how and the ability to find these exploits.

WTF am I paying you for? I have 90,000 members on my forum and your messing with my money!

I want answers!
      Can you ask your host to check their access logs around the time of the hack and see how they got in exactly?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X