Can't restore database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Can't restore database

Ok, since the option database backup has been disabled in vb4, I did a backup with my Isp, and I tried to restore it via a .txt file using import database php myadmin option.

Phpmyadmin says the operation is succesfull, but when I open my site, i've got the message 'Vbulletin, database error, there seem to be a problem with the database.'

I thought this might be an extension file problem, so I've changed my database backup file to a .txt file, then a .zip file.........then I've tried to copy and paste it all in the php my admin sql request nail, ...............crash

Please help...I'm loosing rank in google

Originally posted by monraisse View Post
    Ok, since the option database backup has been disabled in vb4, I did a backup with my Isp, and I tried to restore it via a .txt file using import database php myadmin option.

Phpmyadmin says the operation is succesfull, but when I open my site, i've got the message 'Vbulletin, database error, there seem to be a problem with the database.'

I thought this might be an extension file problem, so I've changed my database backup file to a .txt file, then a .zip file.........then I've tried to copy and paste it all in the php my admin sql request nail, ...............crash

Please help...I'm loosing rank in google
    The db backup is best restored as a sql file. Can you view the page source of your forum and copy/paste here the full db error?

Comment

do you have SSH access? it's the best way to restore your database, if not then ask your host to do it for you.
      Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

Thank you guys for this fast answer. No ssh for me but you can see the error message here : http://www.medecinevirtuelle.fr

Comment

Originally posted by monraisse View Post
          Thank you guys for this fast answer. No ssh for me but you can see the error message here : http://www.medecinevirtuelle.fr
          According to the error the db info is not added correctly to the config.php file or the db user does not have full access to the db.

Code:
          mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Access denied for user 'sexboardbase'@'10.0.84.100' (using password: YES)
          /homez.342/sexboard/www/includes/class_core.php on line 314

Comment

I was about to say your error looks more like it's coming from the config.php file than a bad sql import.. please check your config.php settings and make sure you have the correct details in there.

Comment

Whow you guys are greek gods

Comment

I take it that worked ?

Comment

It looks that way. monraisse 's forum loads fine now.

http://www.medecinevirtuelle.fr/forum.php

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X