Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If you're having an issue creating an app in Facebook, you'll need to seek Facebook's assistance with this

Leave a comment:

• Fariz Abasov
    replied
    I can't create apps for my domain name, it has *az extension, maybe because of that i've got some error, anybody experience this kind of stuff on the facebook page?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Originally posted by riskofficer View Post
    Thank you!

Regarding to "Forums are not an official support avenue", may be, I dont know their's policy, but if so, why are they running forum? I've thought to help us -- customers.
    The forums are community support, while we do our best to help out in the forums, tickets are the fastest way to ensure you get a response to issues.

Leave a comment:

• Rofo
    replied
    Seems to be working for me now. I just added a / and tried saving. It took and seems to be working well on my site.

Leave a comment:

• myke2008
    replied
    Originally posted by ZwiFTi View Post
    point 6:

6. In the “Site URL” input, enter the URL of the forum root for your vB installation. This should be exactly the same as your Forum URL setting in the Admin CP (and with no trailing slash.)

Facebook app making doesnt allow me not having a trailing slash :S What to do?
    I just got it working good without an issue myself, I will admit the wording on facebook sucks, I just added the trailing slash anyway and it took the save changes and is working good on my site.

Leave a comment:

• riskofficer
    replied
    Originally posted by ENF View Post
    Did file a support ticket? Forums are not an official support avenue... Want a answer? file a support ticket.

BTW: your server needs to have OpenSSL enabled in PHP to use TLS/SSL.
    Thank you!

Regarding to "Forums are not an official support avenue", may be, I dont know their's policy, but if so, why are they running forum? I've thought to help us -- customers.

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by riskofficer View Post
    According to the statistics I haven't recieved any help from vbulletin officials for more then 5 years. Very good support.
    Did file a support ticket? Forums are not an official support avenue... Want a answer? file a support ticket.

BTW: your server needs to have OpenSSL enabled in PHP to use TLS/SSL.

Leave a comment:

• riskofficer
    replied
    According to the statistics I haven't recieved any help from vbulletin officials for more then 5 years. Very good support.

Leave a comment:

• riskofficer
    replied
    second question is:

your server must support TLS/SSL communication for this feature to work.
    Could u please provide system requirements for this feature, or may be documentation? We are runnig our own server.

Leave a comment:

• riskofficer
    replied
    Originally posted by ZwiFTi View Post
    point 6:

6. In the “Site URL” input, enter the URL of the forum root for your vB installation. This should be exactly the same as your Forum URL setting in the Admin CP (and with no trailing slash.)

Facebook app making doesnt allow me not having a trailing slash :S What to do?
    The same problem here:

Validation failed.

URL must point to a directory (i.e., end with a '/' or a dynamic page (i.e., have a '?' somewhere).
    I think this is because i haven/t any roots for forum. My url is http://www.riskofficer.ru

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    oddly enough I was able to get the facebook image to show again by setting up a brand new style and reinstalling the old one I had....
    it seems to be working fine for me now on 4.1.1

Leave a comment:

• sparky
    replied
    Ok, running Vista (Sp2) and IE8 is fine. It might simply be Facebook waiting to update the Application setting so I'll try again tonight

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    well I don't even see that popup
    the facebook connect button or anything..
    who knows, maybe I removed something
    it was slowing my site down at times (because of facebook)

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Possibly this one: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-7823

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    Facebook connect is working just fine on my 4.1.1 site. :/
    well it's not on my site with the default master template
    it was at one point
    guess I'll see if it's a mod, even though we haven't added anything other than spam prevention

*update, I double checked the facebook id and secret, disabled all plugins and looked at the default style.. it doesn't show at all*
    Originally posted by Subsonic View Post
    Care to add some weight to the tracker by commenting on it please.
    yes please, link?
    Last edited by Loco.M; Mon 17 Jan '11, 8:19pm.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X