Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leting members delete their own quest messages, HOW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Leting members delete their own quest messages, HOW?

Is it possible to set it up so members can permanently delete their own visitor messages?

Not permanently but here's the setting for temp...

ACP>Usergroups>Usergroup Manager>(select usergroup)>Visitor Message Permissions>Can Delete Own Visitor Messages>Yes

Comment

Originally posted by trilogy33 View Post
      Not permanently but here's the setting for temp...

ACP>Usergroups>Usergroup Manager>(select usergroup)>Visitor Message Permissions>Can Delete Own Visitor Messages>Yes
      I have that set up but why cant members permanently remove them? This seems strange and my members ***** about it all the time!! Am I the only one shaking his head?

Comment

Are you sure they are not complaing about being unable to perm delete them?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          yes, that what I mean. They want to delete them so they dont show up on their page and they hate messaging me all the time do it for them? After all it is their porfile page!

Comment

Way to follow there Zach! Thanks for all your help!

Comment

There is no hard delete permission for visitor messages that I can see.

If the setting in their usergroup manager does not allow them to hard delete I don't think there is anything else I can do.

AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup <amager > Edit each usergroup required > Visitor Message Permissions >

Can Delete Own Visitor Messages
              and
              Can Manage Messages within Own Profile

Comment

There is no hard delete permission for visitor messages that I can see.

If the setting in their usergroup manager does not allow them to hard delete I don't think there is anything else I can do.

AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup <amager > Edit each usergroup required > Visitor Message Permissions >

Can Delete Own Visitor Messages
                and
                Can Manage Messages within Own Profile
                Thanks for that Zachery, will this ever become a possibility?

Comment

Not without making a request for it in the bug tracker.

Comment

Not without making a request for it in the bug tracker.
                    Thank you, much appreciated!

Comment

Are they getting anywhere on this? It's stupid for members to have to view a deleted message and have to ask admins to hard delete these!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zlmark View Post
                        Are they getting anywhere on this? It's stupid for members to have to view a deleted message and have to ask admins to hard delete these!!!!
                        I wonder myself? This just seems to be a no brainer, its their visitor messages and they should be able to hard delete it. This would be like not allowing members to delete their own PM's?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X