Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant get content to show on 'home' page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Cant get content to show on 'home' page?

I am having diffuculty getting content to show on the homepage. I just want it to show one article and thats it, but I can't see how to do this.

I can get it to publish a preview of a article, but even after I have submitted and published this I can view it but if I naviaget and come back again to the home page it has disapeared.

I am majorly confused.

Also the home page 'the content' isnt viewable to guests? How do I change this? All my articles have the following set for read access -

• Administrators
    • Moderators
    • Registered Users
    • Super Moderators
    • Unregistered / Not Logged In
    • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    • Users Awaiting Moderation

I have also checked the permissions under the Vb cms and all is as should be with all groups able to read and admins set as publish
    Last edited by Deverill; Tue 11 Jan '11, 3:15pm. Reason: Added more info

Have you enabled "content from" - Include sub-section

You can find that when you hover over a section , a pencil will appear which will give you option to edit properties for a section.
    Shayari | Indian Forums - Indian Community

Comment

At the moment the home tab is meant to show content from the home section, I have one article in that section. As you say I click on the pencil and it gives me a load of options. I highlight home section as that's the section I want displayed, publish it.

It publishes, I navigate away and cone back and it has unpublished it's self.

Also it's still not viewable o any except admins......

Comment

In the Admin area , under CMS section --> Click CMS cache

I guess you are seeing old CMS cache.

Comment

Thanks that has done it for the home page and is now viewable to guests. Still having the problem with the other tabs I created though. I suppose I will have to go over to the mod thread for that one.

Comment

Good to know it is resolved.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X