HELP!!! No Index File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] HELP!!! No Index File

I uploaded the SEO that was suggested and it over-rode the index file and now my site is down. Please tell me how to get things back up and running quickly.
    Last edited by jenniferd; Thu 17th Mar '11, 10:33pm.

It is saying forbidden you don't have permission to access php on this server!

Comment

What SEO thing did you upload that was suggested?

What is a modification/plug-in? or something else?
      To be updated...

Comment

This is my site and this is what it's saying. I uploaded this http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ighlight=vbseo

Last edited by jenniferd; Mon 10th Jan '11, 10:15pm.

Comment

I was following these steps I uploaded everything in the upload folder and this is what happened.
          Last edited by jenniferd; Thu 17th Mar '11, 10:33pm.

Comment

---
            Last edited by jenniferd; Thu 17th Mar '11, 10:17pm.

Comment

I think you uploaded the files incorrectly...

It looks like you put the files in the wrong place and therefore overwote your forum index.php files.

1) Remove the files you uploaded.

2) Reupload the vBulletin files to fix this problem, specifically the index.php file from the original forum package.

You can use this link to get to your forum temporarily: [Removed]

See my next post for further details.
              Last edited by ENF; Mon 17th Jan '11, 5:35pm.
              To be updated...

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferd View Post
                Is it over for my site?
                Absolutely not.

You just need to correct this file problem... give me just a minute to give you better instructions.
                To be updated...

Comment

thank you
                  Last edited by jenniferd; Thu 17th Mar '11, 10:18pm.

Comment

The vBSEO product you downloaded has a folder inside called 'upload' - inside that upload folder are two other folders.

Just copy those two folders to your forum root folder. The same folder that has your admincp, images & other default vbulletin folders. You'll get one new folder and the other folder will merge with the existing incldes folder included with your vbulletin install.

The most important thing you need to do is remove the files you uploaded in the forum root and put back the default vbulletin index.php file. I don't think any other key files were affected...
                    To be updated...

Comment

Okay I uploaded the original index file and it seems to be back. Do I need to replace any other files?

Comment

Okay I uploaded the original index file and it seems to be back. Do I need to replace any other files?
                        I recommend that you remove the other files that were uploaded withe vbSEO package and start over. I'm guessing most of the files wound up in the forum root area, so look for those files to remove. You can easily identify recently updated files by the date the file was last modified. Just be cautions not to overwrite or delete that index.php file again.

If you need more specific instructions, please do ask and either I or someone can give you more specific instructions.
                        To be updated...

Comment

Thank you so much for all your help. I am doing that right now carefully. I am wondering where on earth to put those two files. They said put in forum root and that's what I did.

Comment

Thank you so much for all your help. I am doing that right now carefully. I am wondering where on earth to put those two files. They said put in forum root and that's what I did.
                            You put the folders in the forum root, you just drag and drop them into your forum root. So essentially, you are only copying the two folders which is the contents of the 'upload' folder.

In the example below - I'm dragging the folders highlighted in blue to the 'forums' folder, which is the forum root for the example site. Thus, when I do that, the new items will be copied into the forum root as noted by the area on the bottom right of the picture.

Please excuse the crude MS Paint mock-up.
                            Attached Files
                            To be updated...

Comment

Another question for you please. The admincp lives in the same directory as my index file along with the images folder etc. I'm confused as to where to put these files.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X