X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Login probs after 4.1 PL2 upgrade

Hi
    Having problems logging in to CP for admin or mod after upgrading to 4.1
    I've changed the default admin/mod folders name and changed in config as well; works fine in 4.08 but after I run the upgrade script, logins keep getting redirected back to login screen with no error messages.
    Mobester - The Mobile Marketing Forum
    http://mobester.com

Did you make sure all the new files were uploaded to the renamed admincp and modcp directories?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      Did you make sure all the new files were uploaded to the renamed admincp and modcp directories?
      If memory serves, I believe I uploaded the patch files from the 'upload' directory as-is, then ran the upgrade script, thinking that it might take into account the custom CP folder names in the config setup and change them itself (which kinda seems like the way it SHOULD do it, *cough*). I then saw that it hadn't, so I logged in to the shell and moved the default 'admincp' and 'modcp' folders to my customised ones. Then did a bunch of renaming the folders between standard/customised, changing the setting in the config file and so on, none of which seemed to work.

Should I:
      a) Change the folder names in the 'upload' directory of the patch
      b) Upload to the document root of the live forum
      c) Run the upgrade.php script in the install directory
      d) Cross fingers

Or perhaps D should come before C?
      Mobester - The Mobile Marketing Forum
      http://mobester.com

Comment

You don't run an upgrade script if you are doing a patch. You only upload the couple of patch files supplied in the patch. Did you do a patch or download a full fileset?

You should reupload the admincp and modcp files into the correct directories on your site. Don't do any name changing and shuffling directories around - just upload the files to the correct directories.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X