External Code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] External Code?

Is it possible to run "external" code "inside" of the vBCMS? Basically I'd like to run a more complex, custom app in a sub-directory of the site that is otherwise served by vB CMS. I don't think there's anything stopping me from doing so (assuming I allow it in Apache rewrites so that the contents of that sub-dir don't get funneled to the index.php at site root). If there is any documentation someplace regarding using "external" code with vBCMS, please point me to the right direction.

Also, is it possible for an external program (i.e. a page not served by vBCMS system) to be aware of the login status and the UID/user name of the user requesting the non-vBCMS page?

Thanks for any insights on this!
    Come to visit My Galagzee!

Bump.

To simplify the question: is there a way for a page that is served outside of vBCMS (during the same session) to know whether the user is logged in or not?

Comment

Not without custom coding. You can try asking at www.vbulletin.org.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You can do a php eval page in the CMS.
        sigpic
        Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

Originally posted by reefland View Post
          You can do a php eval page in the CMS.
          That might work, especially since everything in the app will communicate with its custom back-end via Ajax (so there's no issue with posting back). Thanks for the tip; I'll give it a try!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X