Alignment of forum goes out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Alignment of forum goes out

The alignment of the forum goes very out. Eg. http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/z.../Picture21.png

It happens usually on the Safari web browser and occurs to the landing page only. The other pages display fine. I have changed a couple of skins but the problem still persists. What can be done to solve this?

The site is www.spatchy.com

Create a new style with no parent:
    • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
    • Parent Style: No Parent Style
    • Title: Default vBulletin
    • Allow User Selection: Yes
    • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      Create a new style with no parent:
      • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
      • Parent Style: No Parent Style
      • Title: Default vBulletin
      • Allow User Selection: Yes
      • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?
      Yes, the problem doesn't go away.. It still persists.. Here is the screenshot: http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/z...Picture2-6.png

How can I solve it?

Comment

I would need a link to see the page (with that style) to see why it isn't working.

I looked at your custom page and I know the classes for the divs are different than on my default style and you are missing some needed CSS. I would need to be able to look at your default style in order to see what is wrong. Can you please make it choosable.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

The link to the page is www.spatchy.com or http://www.spatchy.com/forum.php

The problem is that the alignment goes out only sometimes, but upon refreshing a couple of times, it goes back to normal. It doesn't happen on certain versions of IE and Firefox for mac, but very often happens on Safari browser.

The style is now choosable.

Comment

I just realised it happens to vbulletin.com too!

Here's the screenshot: http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/z...Picture3-5.png

I Safari as my web browser. Upon refreshing, the alignment goes back to normal. (just like what happens on my site)

Comment

I have never seen this happen - I use Safari as a second browser to check out things on my test site.

I just checked your site in Safari - the default style (which in bright red is not really default) - and it looks just fine to me in Safari. It look a little bit of time to load for me though. Your image looks like some of the CSS wasn't loaded for the page.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                I have never seen this happen - I use Safari as a second browser to check out things on my test site.

I just checked your site in Safari - the default style (which in bright red is not really default) - and it looks just fine to me in Safari. It look a little bit of time to load for me though. Your image looks like some of the CSS wasn't loaded for the page.
                I hope you understand that I posted the question here in search of a solution. What can I do to solve this?

As for screenshot that I posted on vBulletin.com, yesterday was the first time that it happened. The funny thing is, like I said, it doesn't happen all the time, it happens at random, just more at my site than at vBulletin and I don't know why. It doesn't happen to my computer only, it happens to many other members too. We just had an outing last weekend where many of us brought our laptops along, and it this misalignment issue did happen to many of us, though not all. We don't understand it and are looking for a solution.

Our landing page loads so awfully and it is causing us great consequences.

The reason why you managed to load the bright red default style well was because you had to first load the turbo style. You see, it happens to me once a day. Every night, I'd clear my cache and turn of my computer. The next morning, this misalignment issue will happen. I can quit my browser and open it as many times as I like as long as I do not clear cache or restart the computer and this issue will not happen.

I am highly doubtful that it is problem with the skin. I have changed countless skins since this problem occurred and none of them managed to solve the problem!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X