Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Connect Does Not Work On Chrome

Hi,

I've been facing issues with Facebook Connect for vBulletin not working in Chrome Browser. It works fine on Firefox, but not on Chrome.

When using Chrome, if I click on the FB Connect button, nothing happens (no pop-up login). Can someone help me fix this?

Please check here: http://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/forum.php
    Founder | CrazyEngineers®
    About CE | Small Talk | Official Blog 'VoiCE'
    The Big K's SuperBlog | Join CE!
    The Mobiles Forum. Got A Question?

You should post this in the help forums not in pre-sale

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_K View Post
      Hi,

I've been facing issues with Facebook Connect for vBulletin not working in Chrome Browser. It works fine on Firefox, but not on Chrome.

When using Chrome, if I click on the FB Connect button, nothing happens (no pop-up login). Can someone help me fix this?

Please check here: http://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/forum.php
      In the future please post in the correct forums, I have moved the thread here. Can you login to facebook here via chrome? We've had no widespread reports of facebook and chrome not working together. Do you have any addons/plugins for the vBulletin site, or for your chrome browser?

Comment

Facebook just doesnt work for me, and in this forum i can log in with no problem. I dont know what else to do. It keeps showin "dofbredirect" but nothing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Joao Carlos View Post
          Facebook just doesnt work for me, and in this forum i can log in with no problem. I dont know what else to do. It keeps showin "dofbredirect" but nothing happens.
          As per your ticket, this problem was caused by suhosin.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I did also experience this issue... no mods, no template edits, even the default style was not allowing the FB button to work under chrome... that said i posted my URL here in these forums and i had a few people reply saying it was working fine, and others saying the FB button was not working.

Comment

I'm using Chrome now and its OK. Working fine.

PS: Thank you, Steve =)

Comment

This might be a bit of an old thread, but it seems like the button is still acting a bit strange.
                Right now it does not work on my own site and on this site with Google Chrome, if I try FireFox it works here and not on my site, but other users are having the opposite issue.

Is it caused by facebook or are there something with the 4.1.7 update, since everything works fine on 4.1.5
                Tinman
                Main Attraction / Manager / Actor
                PirateTinman

Comment

It is caused by including other Facebook blocks in the same page. Instead of checking to see if the Facebook Javascript is already initialized, things just error out. For instance the site above has problems because they have a Facebook box in a widget which is cancelling out the Facebook Connect. Some browsers have better error correction and recovery than others. Chrome is pretty literal when it comes to Javascript so more likely to throw an error instead of hiding it and moving on.

It would be best to open your own thread if you're having problems instead of using an existing thread. Even when problems and errors look like they have the same cause, often times they do not.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment