Attachments in Blog Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Blog] Attachments in Blog Comments

Is there a way to enable users to attach files to comments posted on blogs?

Thanks very much

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

How do we request that a function like this be added? I went looking for this the other day (after a customer reported they could not attach something in a blog comment that we would have liked to have had them post). That hurt the value of our blog by them not being able to do that and I may have to reconsider using blogs at all (and instead only use the forum to post things so that others can comment and post attachments in response. Really limits how vBulletin is used if Blogs do not have some of the same capabilities for commenting as forum posts. I would have thought this would have been a feature included...but I looks like it has not been considered yet to be part of the program. I prefer not to install mods on my site.

Comment

Please feel free to make a 'New Feature' request here:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa

We take all suggestions into account when determining the feature set for new versions but unfortunately we cannot confirm whether a particular feature will be included in a version.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X