• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Human Verification Manager question

We have these to chose from:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Human Verification Manager ->

Image Verification:
    This is the same Images Verification Captcha as in older versions of vB, except that this now requires both GD and Freetype 2 to be installed in PHP.

Question and Answer Verification
    This allows you to set up a Question and Answer verification during registration. If done correctly it will be almost impossible for bots to enter the correct answer.

reCAPTCHAâ„¢ Verification
    This uses the reCaptcha service. You will need to register with them and get both a Public and Private key.

My question is, why is it not possible to select all 3 of them???

Originally posted by Lysekoid View Post
    My question is, why is it not possible to select all 3 of them???
    It is like this for a loooong time and seems it will stay that way no matter how many times customers are asking the developers to change it.
    With mods from vB.org you can implement some questions and answers,then you can use reCAPTCHA.
    Image verification is not recommended.Even the simple bots can solve it.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Sad... such a simple thing...

Comment

Is there an effective way able to BLOCK the registration of bots? My forum are invaded of new registrations in these days... how can I solve the problem?

Comment

yes, even my forums is getting weird registrations recently, with vb being this big and it certainly isn't a free software I don't know why they can't implement a basic thing such as using more than 1 human verification methods. Like seriously

Comment

Originally posted by fabioski View Post
            Is there an effective way able to BLOCK the registration of bots? My forum are invaded of new registrations in these days... how can I solve the problem?
            Question and answer.
            Bots cannot go through,only humans can register.

Comment

If bots can crack one, they can crack both so having 2 image verifications seems pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by worried View Post
                If bots can crack one, they can crack both so having 2 image verifications seems pointless.
                Yes, but having re-captcha and built in qa seems better than adding a modification based qa

Comment

Originally posted by Luffyua View Post
                  Yes, but having re-captcha and built in qa seems better than adding a modification based qa
                  That's it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X