No announcement yet.

Attachments not showing after upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Attachments not showing after upgrade.

Hello guys, i have a big problem right now...

I just upgraded to 4.1.0 PL2. Started with 3.7.x, first i did upgrade to latest 3.8 and then to 4.1.0 PL2, exactly as told in the manual.

As i can see, all permissions are set right. But no one, even not me, is able to see any attachments, not in forum messages, not in private albums, not in groups. We only see the well known red crosses.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	att.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	3719455
    The attachments are stored in the file system, and when i rebuild the thumbnails, their are present and the job is done.

This only affect images, there are no problems with pdf files.

when i use the attachment statistic at the AdminCP, i can see even the names of jpg attachments, but clicking them to view i only get text to see.

Name:	attach.jpg
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	3719454

I tried also to post a new message with attachment, it also did post the message, but the new attachment is not showing.

Someone know, what i do not?

Thanks...
    Last edited by Exciter; Tue 4th Jan '11, 3:47pm.

I think, i found something...

i logged in on the ftp and did have a look in the attachments folder.
    There are files named like 14522.attach
    When i download this, of course their can't be viewed.
    When i rename it to 14522.attach.jpg, a good working file is born.

Are those file extensions right?

I think so, when i change them to jpg, AdminCP does not see them anymore...
    Last edited by Exciter; Wed 5th Jan '11, 2:06pm.

Comment

Did you run all the things stated in the Admin CP after upgrading?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If you mean rebuilding thumbnails a indexes and things like that, yes.

I ended without any further messages

Comment

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

strange, after an ASCII mode upload of the files and running the diagnostic, it says on a lot of the files, that they are not recognized...

Name:	admcp.jpg
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	3681049

I do not use blog and CMS, and there are stil not any plugins, as they were removed long time ago. After that still everything worked properly.

Comment

That is because you did not correctly upload all the files. If you do that, you will not get that result.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

This is strange, i did repeat the upload. I'm sure, i do this using ASCII. All files were rewritten. The result is still the same...

Comment

The files are either not overwriting the existing files, or they are not from the same zip file.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

How do you mean not the same zipfile? I did download the software only once...

They are overwritting, as i can see, that the time stamp on the server is changing.

Comment

Even strange, that this does not affect all the files, only a part of them.

Comment

Sorry. I don't know how to explain this any clearer. The files are not being uploaded correctly. I do not know why, but the Suspect File results show that.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

it will remain strange. I do this the same way, as i did for years allready. All upgrades of vB. The same FTP client, the same settings. Everything works, as the upgrade did also. No any errors during the upgrade too.
                          Should i try to download vBulletin again from the members area?

Comment

Anyone else an idea? I'm getting a bit confused...

Comment

Ok,the files causes no more problem. I just deleted them and uploaded again. Diagnostic now are ok. Should we now start to solve the real problem, please? The attachments are still not showing. I have a community with 6000 members, so it is a bit like URGENT...

Comment