No announcement yet.

Change look of links in posts, blogs, articles, but not for other places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Change look of links in posts, blogs, articles, but not for other places

I would like to get the links inside forum posts, as well as in articles and in blog posts, to be underlined. However, I don't want other links to change, like blog title etc.

How would I do this easy?

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
    If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
    Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Just write some CSS that only pertains to those areas. Something for posts would be - .content a {text-decoration: underline;}

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      Just write some CSS that only pertains to those areas. Something for posts would be - .content a {text-decoration: underline;}
      And just put that in the template additional.css?
      Anders Pettersson
      Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
      If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
      Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Anders P View Post
        And just put that in the template additional.css?
        Yep.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Yep.
          Thanks Lynne, much appreciated.

I tried it and it seemed to work the way I wanted.
          Now the only problem is to find out how to do the same thing for links in cms articles and blog posts. Have tried and looked in the stylevars and the css-templates, but haven't found were to edit this. (I have tried to use Firebug, but can't work it out)

If anyone can help out it would be appreciated.
          Anders Pettersson

Comment

.blogcontent a {.....}
            .postcontainer a {....}

It depends on what page you are talking about.

Comment

.blogcontent a {.....}
              .postcontainer a {....}

It depends on what page you are talking about.
              Thanks will try that.
              Would it be best to put those in additional.css, or in any other css template?

As for what pages I basically want to have the links changed in all places were one see the content of articles, both the previews in a section page as well as the articles itself, and the same for blog entries.
              Anders Pettersson

Comment