Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Admin member has problems since I upgraded his account.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Admin member has problems since I upgraded his account.

I have a member that I gave admin status too and since he is
    having problems, and problems that I do not have myself.

This is what he has said:
    The forum itself seems to work fine, it's just the Admin Control Panel. When I go to 'Users -> Search for Users', and I try to enter a name (like mine for instance), it just shows me the first page of the users list. No matter what I search for.

Also in the Admin Control Panel, when I go to 'Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager', and try to edit any of the forums, when I try to save it, I end up with a blank page, and none of the changes are saved.

Here's the image:

http://i.imgur.com/pS9IJ.png

Try logging in as this user to see if you have the same problem. If you don't, then the cause is somewhere on their end. It's impossible to know exactly what it is but some possibilities are: browsers, browser settings,
    cookies being blocked, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, spyware, proxies and any other application that affects Internet content.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      Try logging in as this user to see if you have the same problem. If you don't, then the cause is somewhere on their end. It's impossible to know exactly what it is but some possibilities are: browsers, browser settings,
      cookies being blocked, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, spyware, proxies and any other application that affects Internet content.
      will do.

Comment

I have logged in as the user, i have no issues.

no change, member has done everything he can think of, cleared cache, etc...he has even tired a proxy, same results...
        do anyone think that VB maybe doing this, is there a whitelist ip options anywhere?

Comment

update: This other member can not access a certain mod that has full admin clearence...if he can not access
          this tells me he does not have full admin access to do other things also...can someone list all the areas
          that I need to perform to give a member admin access, I have already done 3 areas, and still he does not
          appear to have full admin access.

Comment

You need to set the appropriate permissions:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions

You may need to make yourself a Super Admin in order to do this. Edit this section of config.php:

// ****** SUPER ADMINISTRATORS ******
            // The users specified below will have permission to access the administrator permissions
            // page, which controls the permissions of other administrators
            $config['SpecialUsers']['superadministrators'] = 'x';

...and replace x with your userid (not user name.)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You need to set the appropriate permissions:

You may need to make yourself a Super Admin in order to do this. Edit this section of config.php:

// ****** SUPER ADMINISTRATORS ******
              // The users specified below will have permission to access the administrator permissions
              // page, which controls the permissions of other administrators
              $config['SpecialUsers']['superadministrators'] = 'x';

...and replace x with your userid (not user name.)
              its already set with 1...

Comment

Originally posted by dsimms View Post
                its already set with 1...
                Based on your posts above, you need to add users to this line:

UserID #1 = You. So you have access.

You should add user ID's like:

$config['SpecialUsers']['superadministrators'] = '1, 3, 10, 14';

3,10,14 are just example user ID's - replace those with the users IDs that you WANT to have full admin rights.
                To be updated...

Comment

You also need to set the appropriate permissions for other Admins here:

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

You also need to set the appropriate permissions for other Admins here:

and thats the problem..he has the exact same admin access that I have...he claims he can not do certain tasks with
                    his admin account, but when I perform testing using his account, then I have no issues...i have disable all mods,
                    and he says no change..he has admin access, same as I do, but he insists that he can not do certain functions...

In the AdminCP - I can't search, I can't create new forums, I can't edit forum names, I can't save anything in there.

When I ask him what he gets when he attempts to do these functions. his reply is:

It doesn't say anything, it just gives me a basically blank frame

This is what he gets when he tries to save (blank screen)

http://i.imgur.com/tRgNM.png

I have tired giving member super access by editing config.php = no change.
                    I have tried uninstalling all mods in case of conflict = no change.

=============================

Here is a similar issue that someone had with v3.x
                    http://www.adminaddict.net/forum/vbu...settings-6000/
                    Last edited by dsimms; Sun 2nd Jan '11, 4:51pm.

Comment

Have you tried logging in as him and seeing if its the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                        Have you tried logging in as him and seeing if its the same?
                        absolutely! he is claiming to have save problems, blank screen, and
                        I have no issues whatever using his account, I can edit/save, etc, no problems.

Comment

Then I would blame his browser, or ISP at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                            Then I would blame his browser, or ISP at that point.
                            So what you are saying is you do not know.

Comment

Impossible to know when only one user is having the problem. Chances are it is an issue on his end and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. Has he tried an alternative browser?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X