Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

quick access buttons disapeared and login troubles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] quick access buttons disapeared and login troubles.

I've taken over a dutch forum for bordercollie lovers. (www.bordercollieforum.nl)
    It's recently upgraded from 4.0.6 to version 4.1.0 sp2.

The URL was also changed.

Now i've noticed a few nasty troubles. i'll trie to discribe them, maybe someone had a answer for these issues.

- first problem
    Some users have troubles by login in. They type there username and pass, place a vink on "remember me" and press the login button.
    The system said: Welcome user, you are logged in. Thus so far so good.
    Then the page refreshes and they will see their first login screen, where they have to log in.
    Or some of them are really logged in, but the forum stays hidden. (login is neccesary to see the whole forum).

- second problem
    Ive installed arcade and a help functoin. These buttons are visible beneath the logo of vbulletin, also the album button.
    When i made a user het permits to moderator, of gold member (self made rank) only the button "albums" is visible. THe other two just disapeared.

I hope someone know some fixes for these problems.

Thanx in advance,

Paul

1. This is probably a cookie domain/path issue. To fix this, upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Use this to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults. And then leave your cookie domain and path at the default settings. There is no reason to change these. If you need to specify a unique cookie, use the cookie prefix setting in config.php instead.

2. You will need to post over at www.vbulletin.org for help with those add-ons.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I've run the tools.php. Still some member had problems with login in.

I logged in by using their name and pass and i didn't have troubles in first time.
      Then i discovered that there is a big difference when login in on http://bordercollieforum.nl or in http://www.bordercollieforum.nl
      The first one gives troubles, the second one workes fine.

Is there a way that i can get user who started on the first url, that vB redirect them to the second one, what is also filled in as forum root.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Selten.

Comment

As far as cookies are concerned www.bordercollieforum.nl and bordercollieforum.nl are two separate domains. I recommend sticking to one or the other.

You can also try setting the cookies domain in the Admin CP to:

.bordercollieforum.nl

Note the leading period.

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Option -> Cookie Domain
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X