Assigning moderators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Assigning moderators

I have four members I wish to promote to Moderators.

I want them to be able to moderator all forums, do I really have to add each user to each forum or is there a way to do this on mass?

If you want them to moderate all forums, then you should move them to the Super Moderator usergroup.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

How do the permission differ between Super Moderator and Moderator?

Comment

Moderators can only moderate the posts in certain forums. Super Moderators can moderate the posts in all the forums - they don't need to be assigned to a forum. You set the super moderator permissions yourself in Forums & Moderators > Show All Moderators > Edit Permissions.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

So the permissions are exactly the same in terms of editing, moving, deleting posts etc. The only difference is that fact the a Super Mod has those permissions globally?

Comment

Well, and any difference that may occur due to the usergroup they are in (is there a difference between Super Moderators and Moderators usergroup?).

Play with it on your test site. That is the absolute best way to learn your forum software.

Comment

All of the users are currently in the "Registered Users" group.

Comment

You go into the Admin CP and locate each of the 4 users and change their usergroup to "Super Moderator". You can edit the forum permissions of the "Super Moderator" usergroup in Forums & Moderators > Show All Moderators > Edit Permissions. If you want to change regular permissions (not the forums that they moderate, but the permissions and powers that they have as a Super Moderator), you can go to Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Super Moderators and edit the standard permissions in there.

Comment

Confusing... just ran into this myself. sigh... K.I.S.S.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X