Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dimitrios
    replied
    big time problem that persists in time for lots of forums. I've been suffering since last December, opened a ticket but the support is unwilling to help me out like I'm explaining here.

Please, supply a true fix to this!

Leave a comment:

• gr8whtd0pe
    replied
    Was there ever any updates to this? Did VBulletin ever fix it? Maybe with the new release? It's really annoying having to run this script every day.

Leave a comment:

• voter
    replied
    There is also another problem with html entities, they are not only in posts but also everywhere in thread titles, usernames, language phrases, visitor messages, blog posts, datastore...

It would be nice to have this product extended to find and translate html entities in whole database.
    As well would be nice to have possibility to change coding and not only hardcoded ISO-8859.

That why it would be nice get contact with developers via some support thread or email.
    Last edited by voter; Mon 28th Feb '11, 1:58pm.

Leave a comment:

• Michael König
    replied
    Sorry, that is beyond my knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• voter
    replied
    I have had problems when translating text like (That's original text and some &htmlxyz; ) it don't want to translate the html after ' sign, as of post is seen only up to ' sign like (That) I thought ENT_NOQUOTES must help to keep ' signs as they are, but it still not work

As well html_entity_decode($post['pagetext'], ENT_QUOTES, 'ISO-8859-15'); from my understanding means translation of html entities to ISO-8859-15 and my translation must go into UTF-8. I want to know if there is anything else one need to care about when translating into UTF-8 with this function, for instance problems mentioned in http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=1#post1816873.
    Last edited by voter; Wed 23rd Feb '11, 2:21pm.

Leave a comment:

• Michael König
    replied
    Because there is none

What's the problem?

Leave a comment:

• voter
    replied
    I can't find any support page-thread for this product neither on http://www.vbulletin-germany.com/ or on http://www.vbulletin-germany.org/

Leave a comment:

• JakeC
    replied
    Thanks Mike... Much appreciated.

- Jake

Leave a comment:

• Michael König
    replied
    Quote from the Update Counters section after installation:
    This function converts all HTML entities inside posts to their respective ASCII char. For example ' will be converted to '

Create a backup of your database or at least of your 'post' table before you run this!
    Last edited by Michael König; Tue 28th Dec '10, 11:12pm.

Leave a comment:

• JakeC
    replied
    There is a readme in the zip file
    hahaha... I saw that. But all it says is how to install it. It does not tell me even a little bit about what the heck it is, does, or how to use it to fix my problem. I'm sure you can appreciate wanting to know what a script does before you install it on your live board. That sounds a bit harsh but I'm not sure how else to phrase it. I do appreciate the responses. I'll head to vB Germany and see if I can dig up some info on what this is. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Michael König
    replied
    There is a readme in the zip file

vBG = vB Germany

Leave a comment:

• JakeC
    replied
    Thanks Steve for answering. Can you direct me to the documentation for this script? Is VBG vBgallery? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Try using this script from Mike at vBG to fix this.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JakeC
    replied
    I'm surprised this is not something more commonly seen. Should I start a support ticket?

Leave a comment:

• JakeC
    started a topic [Forum] Special Characters

Special Characters

Another question for the group. I recently upgraded to vB4.0.8 from 3.x and I'm having trouble with special characters. Special characters that were displayed fine before the upgrade are being displayed something similar to this now: ü

Before you suggest the normal troubleshooting process of uploading the vB files again etc, I just went though that whole process with another problem that I had and there was no change to this problem. What is next? Thanks.