Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I just tested this out and confirmed the problem. Please report this in the vB4 Bug Tracker here:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Leave a comment:

• JakeC
    replied
    Well, I have [email protected] saved in the banned email addresses. I then received a registration with an email address of [email protected]. So, I turned on aggressive email banning because I figured I still wasn't understanding exactly how it works. Today I had a user with an email address of [email protected] sign up. What am I doing wrong? Thanks guys.

Leave a comment:

• JakeC
    replied
    Yes of course I did. To me, the way it reads it is talking about just the @live dot come. I wanted to make sure that if I disallowed [email protected] it would not just disallow that email but also [email protected]. The help on that section is unclear. Thank you for the help.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    You would not put an asterisk in there, just [email protected] . Did you read the help with that option?

Banned Email Addresses

Email address ban lists: You may ban any email addresses from registering and posting. Type in the complete email address ([email protected]), or use a partial email address (as in @example.com).

Note that partial email addresses are matched from the end of the address unless you enable 'Aggressive Email Banning' below. Therefore if you ban @example.com you will ban [email protected], but if you ban @example that user will not be banned. If you enable 'Aggressive Email Banning', [email protected] would be banned by @example.

If the email address of a user attempting to register or change their email address matches any of the addresses you specify here will see a no-permission error. For example, if you have banned 'example.com' then a user attempting to use '[email protected]' will be rejected.

Put a space between each email address or email address fragment.

Leave a comment:

• JakeC
    started a topic [Forum] Banning an Email

Banning an Email

I use Q and A to prevent spam bots. However, several seem to still get through per day. They all have a variation on the same email: ***[email protected] I'd like to disallow any email with [email protected] in it without banning live.com completely. If I use the following expression will it work? *[email protected] Will the asterisk do the wild card job in this instance? Thanks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X