Another Blank Page Problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Another Blank Page Problem.

Hi. Just to say now I am a licensed customer however I'm away from main computer and dont have access to my licensed username/pass. However If a moderator/support PM me I can confirm all the details on the license number yada yada yada.

So the problem.

Blank AdminCP login page.

HOWEVER if I login to modcp first then try clicking the admincp link it works perfectly.

So it seems to be a problem with my login page/cookies.

Its a fresh install so no addons. Ive run through the vbulletin blank page manual on the website and searched everybodies posts not any of them have worked.

php global errors are turned on and ive uploaded the files again and downloaded the package from customer area twice.

So yah. Any suggestions please?

Please see this for all the known causes of blank or 'white' pages:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      Please see this for all the known causes of blank or 'white' pages:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages
      cant actually believe you just suggested that. read my post again please.

Comment

Those are ALL the known causes of this problem. What have you done exactly to investigate this?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

well ive reuploaded all files in ASCII mode.
          run suspect file check, all came out clean
          ive checked for blank lines in config.php which there are none.
          ive added disable hooks line to config (even though fresh install so no custom plugins)
          no blank index files
          server name is localhost in config which is correct
          tried turning of magic quotes using htaccess
          no custom templates
          gzip is disabled
          checked phpinfo and all settings match the suggested.
          changed memory limit.
          run tools.php and rebuilt cookie paths and such.
          global php errors is turned on.

So I guess I'm looking for an unknown problem. Any suggestions on what I could look into further as its strange that it works if i log into modcp first?

Comment

Ask the host to check the server error logs. If you have done all that, then this has to be a server issue.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

there are no error logs being created. ive forced an error to make sure apache error logging was working which it is. but cant produce any errors from vbulletin.

Im the owner of the server so if its an issue with it then what could it possibly be that is only effecting that 1 directory when logged out.

Comment

Sorry, I really don't have any more possible causes other than what is posted in that link. Whenever we find a new cause we add it to that page.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

okay this is genuinely getting silly now.

On the same webserver Ive got a working copy of the site running 4.0.6. However I cant for the life of me get 4.1.0 Patch Level 2 or an older 4.0.8 version to work.

Ive uploaded multiple versions, I even deleted the website account via WHM and re-created it on a different domain. The php setup is 100% the same on both accounts. yet for SOME reason the admincp LOGIN page is drawing a blank.

I know your only looking for KNOWN bugs to white pages. but the fact it WORKS IF im logged into modcp first surely would suggest some cause of the problem? as a paying customer this is highly..well silly frankly as paying a lot for the software and then not being able to use it successfully surely a little more help is warranted?

Comment

The problem is that you do not have ticket support, so I cannot look at this more closely. All I can do is go my the info you provide in this thread. And honestly I do not have anything new to add to the list of known causes for this problem. If I had, I would have shared this by now.

However if everything you have said is correct, you have a previously unknown server issue causing this. This is not something caused by vB.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X