Post Character Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Post Character Limits

I tried searching for posts on this subject but came up empty.

My post character limits are set to 0 so there should be no limit to the number of characters in a post. A user of mine is creating a large reference post and ran into a database error not allowing him to post due to too many characters. I assume this is a database limitation? Where do I find the setting and how high is too high to set it? Thank you.
    Jake Crause
    www.homebuiltairplanes.com

More likely a server timeout issue. We need to see the real error message. Right-click on the error page and go to View/Source. Then copy-n-paste the error message here.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Could not get view source to show anything worthwhile. Here is the error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1885522 bytes) in /home/homebuil/public_html/forums/includes/functions_newpost.php on line 240
      Jake Crause
      www.homebuiltairplanes.com

Comment

Your PHP does not have enough memory allocated to it to complete this operation. Ask your host to increase the 'memory_limit' variable in php.ini to at least 64M.

To temporarily up your limits edit your includes/config.php file and add these lines right under the <?php line:

ini_set('memory_limit', 64 * 1024 * 1024);
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X