Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misterwaterfalli
    • Feb 2010

[Forum] Some major problems with upgrading

so i just upgraded my site and there are a good amount of problems with it..the first is that it says that in my profile i can join usergroups and right below that it says i can join user groups twice...i really dont even want that option once is there a way to get rid of that...all so in the tab section of the profile it says visitor messageblogsaboutmefriends....there isnt any spaces between the link, it all looks like one word

and the final problem i posted a support ticket about allready but if anyone else knows how to fix it please let me know, is that i have a whole page of space before any of my info is view able...i can see my profile pic then i have to keeep going down the page before i can read visitor messages...any help would be appriciated thanks!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Sounds like issues with customizations. To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problems?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• misterwaterfalli
      • Feb 2010

i was givin this same advise with another problem i had and it really didnt help to much tho?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

That may be, but everything you describe is not something that occurs with the default vB code and templates therefore that is a reasonable troubleshooting technique. If you have done all that, then what is the link to your site so we can check this?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• misterwaterfalli
          • Feb 2010

i havent done that for this issue i have done it in the past for another tho...the site is called blurbmania.com

Comment

• misterwaterfalli
            • Feb 2010

its pretty much just a blog site, would you like me to pm you the admin password?

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

Blog site? You can't run vB with the Forums disabled like that. This is definitely due to some modifications. I do not know how to fix those issues with your modified site. I suggrst posting at www.vbulletin.org for help with this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• misterwaterfalli
                • Feb 2010

yah we havent disabled the forum all we have done is hidden it...i like the layout of vb but i just want people to use the blog portion am i not able to do that? we havent really modified it that much.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

Hiding the forum requires modifications. If you have the same issues with the default vB and no modifications, let us know. Otherwise you should ask over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎