Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to send the news published on my CMS to my forum Facebook page.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] How to send the news published on my CMS to my forum Facebook page.

Hello to everyone:

I would like to modify the option of the CMS "Send to Facebook", so the news get published on my forum Facebook page, not on my personal facebook page. Is there any way to do that?. It would help me a lot to get more registered users, through the facebook users.

If anyone can help me with that, would be great.

Thanks to all...

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Maybe I'm not understanding you right, but can't you just disconnect your current (personal) Facebook connection and then reconnect with your forum one?

You can change your connections by clicking "Settings" and the selecting "My Connections" on the left side.

Comment

Not if your forum page is associated with your personal Facebook page.

A simple fix for this is to use the RSS Graffiti app on facebook. It allows for a newsfeed to be posted to your wall. Simply take the newsfeed from your cms and your done!

Originally posted by Dirt Bike Addict View Post
        Maybe I'm not understanding you right, but can't you just disconnect your current (personal) Facebook connection and then reconnect with your forum one?

You can change your connections by clicking "Settings" and the selecting "My Connections" on the left side.
        UniteTheCows - File Sharing & Digital Media Resource

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Buckfast View Post
          Are we talking about pages or accounts, because I have multiple accounts (business & personal) and I've switched between them without any issues.

Comment

Anyone having any luck importing your CMS RSS Feeds into your Facebook Notes?

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Buckfast View Post

A simple fix for this is to use the RSS Graffiti app on facebook. It allows for a newsfeed to be posted to your wall. Simply take the newsfeed from your cms and your done!
              Hello man, sorry for the year delay answer, but I threw the towell with this issue and never receive and e-mail with these answers. I've recently star posting again here, so now I'm interestes again in this, but I dont know hot to use de RSS Graffiti app on facbeook. I`ve seen that option, so I will see if I can do it my self, but any other information would be veru helpful.

Thanks.

Bruno

Originally posted by Dirt Bike Addict View Post
              Are we talking about pages or accounts, because I have multiple accounts (business & personal) and I've switched between them without any issues.
              I'm talking about business pages created with my personal facebook account.

I will try to switch them to see if I get good results.

Thanks

Bruno

Comment

Originally posted by bcilloniz View Post
                I'm talking about business pages created with my personal facebook account.
                Facebook doesn't allow you to post via a page outside of Facebook itself. For example you can't browse the internet (or vB) and "like" content with your page, has to be with a personal account.

To clarify, this is a Facebook issue and not a vB issue.

Comment

OK, thanks... Bad luck I decided to create my facebook page like a business page.

See you

Comment

Originally posted by bcilloniz View Post
                    OK, thanks... Bad luck I decided to create my facebook page like a business page.

See you
                    A page is a page, business or otherwise. You can change your category (ie. Local Business or Place, Company, Brand, Public Figure, Cause, etc.) in the Basic Information section of your page settings, however it'll still be a page.

Comment