Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moderators notified on new post - No email addresses??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Moderators notified on new post - No email addresses??

Hey,

When one of my moderators posts a new thread in the "Moderators Only" forum I need an email to be sent to all members of the Moderators usergroup.

Is there anyway to do this without manually entering the email address on the moderators only forum?

The only way to do that would be to make them all Moderators of the forum, then set this for each one:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators -> Edit -> Receive Email When a New Thread is Created
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hey

Thanks for the info, only thing is, does that mean that all my moderators will get emails when anyone across the whole site creates a new post?

I only want it to be alerted on one area of the forum?

Thanks

Comment

All moderators for that forum only.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X