Forum Block screws with text wrapping - Fragments....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dsimms
    • Aug 2010

[Forum] Forum Block screws with text wrapping - Fragments....

I have a text wrapper issue...and I notice as long as the forum block that sits on the right is open, then 99% of my posts have broken or fragmented sentences..when I close the forum block by clicking on the block tab, then the text extends, and it seems to be ok, but when the forum block is there, then content looks like crap, and I end up editing 99% of my posts.

I have also notice while writing this text, there is no block on the right...
    but if i was writing this text on my forum, I can clearly see the forum blocks...
    What is this about? Any ideas what the heck is causing this?

What number should the wrapper option be set too?
    not sure that will help, I think I even lowered it, and
    it did not do much too, forgot what the original number was.

Thanks
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You are correct, there are no forum blocks on the page your were writing the thread on because the only page vbulletin puts the forum blocks on is the forum.php page. If you see them on other pages, they you are using a modification. So, if you are having this problem on a showthread page because of some blocks there, then this is an issue with the modification and you will have to post in the modification thread for help.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• dsimms
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Lynne
      You are correct, there are no forum blocks on the page your were writing the thread on because the only page vbulletin puts the forum blocks on is the forum.php page. If you see them on other pages, they you are using a modification. So, if you are having this problem on a showthread page because of some blocks there, then this is an issue with the modification and you will have to post in the modification thread for help.
      I really do not like VB blocks, they look so generic, and so unatural to the forum...what i hate worse is when members text like like crap.
      I did not realize that I had "everywhere" block installed, which shows a block on every thread on the entire forum...So i installed
      the block, everything seems to look much better now...now I have to re-re-edit posts that I had to re-edit eariler because of the block
      as now they are to short, and they just do not look good...I can honestly do without blocks...the same content you see on
      most blocks are on the forum anyway, so it really does not produce any type of unique content or anything....

What option do I look on for the wrapper option?

I swear vb needs a search option so we can search for stuff...

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

The only text wrap option I can think of is vboptions > Thread Display Options (showthread) > Number of Characters Before Wrapping Text but I'm not sure if that is what you are asking about.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• dsimms
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Lynne
          The only text wrap option I can think of is vboptions > Thread Display Options (showthread) > Number of Characters Before Wrapping Text but I'm not sure if that is what you are asking about.
          What number do you have? I have 25, not sure if that is set right.

Comment