Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC Nitro
    replied
    It's a different way of doing the same thing. By renaming the new logo to match the name of the standard logo, you're just limiting yourself to one logo and skipping the step of changing the URL for that image. By using the StyleVars option, however, you can have different logos for different style options. So, for example, you can have a "Dark" profile with mostly dark colors and a matching logo, and then you can have a "Bright" profile using brighter colors. Using StyleVars along with custom styles to give the user a choice on the look of the interface.

Leave a comment:

• trilogy33
    replied
    Weird.
    My approach was not to touch the stylevars, but to simply give my logo the same name as the default's "vbulletin4_logo.png" and then overwrite it on the server.

Leave a comment:

• RC Nitro
    started a topic [Forum] Help with changing logo

Help with changing logo

I've attempted to customize my vBulletin installation by adding a custom logo. I created a new logo, uploaded it to the same image folder where the default logo is located, then went into the StyleVars menu and changed the url for the image.

It turns out, the new logo appears in the header prior to logging into the forums, but once logged in, it reverts back to the standard vbulletin logo. It's a basic png file (same as the default) and its close to the same size. I've read that the size isn't relevant because the header will scale. I also thought that it might be the result of cookies or cached page information, but cleared all from the browser and got the same result. I also tried both IE 8 and Firefox 3.6. Any suggestions?