Create new test site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Create new test site

Hey, where's the thread on info t o create a new test site. I want to upgrade vb 3.8.6 to 4.1 and want to do the test site first thanks

Creating a Test Environment.
    Now that you have answered the questions above you want to create a test environment for your system. This environment should be as clean as possible but contain enough raw data for an adequate test. The easiest way to do this is to create a new installation of vBulletin in a directory called vbtest and using a new database. Double and triple check that the config.php for your test installation is pointing to an empty database. You do not want to overwrite your live forums.

Once the test environment is up and running, make sure it works similarly to your live forums but without any products or plugins. Update the settings, usergroup permissions and forum structure so that is closely matches your live installation. Also make sure to create users for each of your custom permission setups as well as the standard groups. This will allow you to test permissions and other settings properly.

What does it mean by EMPTY Database in the config file? I did this test awhile back and then just tried upgrading and messed it up so i'm scraping it and trying again

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...ng-A-Test-Site

empty database means a database without any table

Comment

Thanks I just found that - but is the previous way of exporting from phpmyadmin not going to work?

Comment

Does anyone do upgrades for a fee?

Comment

How do I make one w/o a table? Thanks

Comment

Sobasically I exported with phpmyadmin, now i created a testing db, importing the data now, this is correct?

Comment

yes.

Comment

i got this resolved, upgradedto live instead works except for a user error :-/ Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X