Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User/Member Profile Screen w/ Invisible Text - Bug Closed Incorrectly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoadTripper View Post
    This problem has arisen because vB has enabled the possibility for users to customize their profiles. Somehow the default settings for those of us who use StyleVars (and not the default vB settings) have resulted in the text settings having white as the color instead of black, or some darker hue.

We are advising our members to customize their own profiles so that Module Text, Module Link and Button Text Color be manually changed to black (#000000). We're also advising them to change the header background to white (#ffffff)

And then at least the profile problems are fixed.
    I just updated from 4.0.4 to 4.1.1 and had this annoying problem. Thanks for your suggestion as it has fixed it for me. I had to edit quite a few of the profile colors before I could get it back to looking normal. The most important one to restore the white "invisible" menus was the Inactive Module Text Color and Link color. And also changing the Page Link Color as that effected the main site footer bar text colours too and made them impossible to see.

It would seem the whole profile StyleVars system has been altered without much real world testing going on. Quite annoying.
    Retro Amiga gaming. Come visit us as http://www.classicamiga.com

Comment

i'm having the same trouble although its whenever My profile is selected.
      All the text is white - i will change the text to the correct value #555 and click save - then when i got back to that page its all white again

default / revert / save - nothing works correctly.

The following values are the ones that keep reverting to #ffffff

Inactive Module Text Color
      Inactive Module Link Color
      Button Text Color

Where are the default values stored ill hard code them - this is crazy that such a simple cosmetic problem is being ignored !
      Last edited by Raptor; Sun 6 Mar '11, 1:35pm.
      Digital-Forums: www.digital-forums.com | CK3 Games: www.ck3.co.uk

Comment

the only way i could fix this was by manually deleting the SQL table entry in customprofile
        Digital-Forums: www.digital-forums.com | CK3 Games: www.ck3.co.uk

Comment

Any official fix yet? Using 4.1.2 and still having the same problem. No vbulletin staff to help?

Comment

really need a fix for this. this is absurd.
            Last edited by Qwest; Sat 19 Mar '11, 1:59pm.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshLowry View Post
              DJ, I was able to fix this by taking the image that was used as the shadow (images/gradients/gradient-grey-down.png) in stylevars > header > header_background

and replacing that gradient overlay image with what should be the color of my regular header. I created a small tan square for what my header_background color is supposed to use: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/...background.png

I then set it to repeat instead of repeatx

I then changed the header_background color to a dark blue so that the text on my profile pages will show up.

Now my profiles and header look properly. (although I can't use the gradient shadow anymore) I'm not sure what else uses the header_background color.

See "working" profile here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?1-JoshLowry

Terrible hack, but it seems to work so far for me.
              Works perfectly, thank you!

Comment

This is still in version 4.1.3... Here is what I get...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-04-11 at 5.19.19 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	3681908

Thanks for letting me know if there is a way to fix this...

Comment

Confirm!
                  Bug still exist!
                  Latest Tech News in the World
                  Кейс със снимка по поръчка

Comment

Really hope they fix this, for users who have dark and light skins this does not work at all!!
                    Bluepearl Skins - vBulletin 4 & 5 Skins

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X