Template issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Template issue

Well, after testing the new vB 4.0 with everything we had on our site; we went live last night with issues. These issues weren't there when we started testing a few months ago, and nothing has changed except for the number of members and posts...

When I get to the forums I get this error.
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/crookedh/public_html/forum/includes/functions_forumlist.php(455) : eval()'d code(14) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: forumhome_lastpostby in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4055
    So I look at what line 4055 in the includes.php is and this is what I have
    PHP Code:
        trigger_error('fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: ' htmlspecialchars($templatename), E_USER_WARNING); 
    here is line 1 from functions_forumlist.php
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    not sure what is going on here...hopefully someone has some ideas...

thanks

There is no fetch_template()function in vB4. Those errors are either form add-ons, or old files.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I have been noticing after combing over all the files...sigh...at least my test server is an exact duplicate of the live one...so I will just move all my files over and overwrite everything...

Thanks for your help...I will throw a few to the site for your input on my situation...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X