Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening subforum link in a new window/tab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Opening subforum link in a new window/tab?

Is there a way to have the subforum links open in a new window/tab.

In 3.x I modified Forum Home Templates > forumhome_forumbit_level1_post, forumhome_forumbit_level2_post, forumhome_subforumbit_post, and forumhome_subforumbit_nopost by adding the following (highlighted in red):

Code:
    <div>

<a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$forum[forumid]" [color=red]<if condition="$forum[link]">target="_blank"</if>[/color]><strong>$forum[title]</strong></a>
    <if condition="$show['browsers']"><span class="smallfont">(<phrase 1="$forum[browsers]">$vbphrase[x_viewing]</phrase>)</span></if>

</div>
    In 4.0 the forumbit templates have changed so that there is no longer place to make the above modification. Could someone point me to the right direction (as to where I could find the place I'm looking to modify).

Thanks!
    Come to visit My Galagzee!

I need to know how to do this also. The old 3.x fix doesn't work in 4.x

Comment

I know this thread is a little dated, but does anyone have a solution for v4.1.12? I need to have the subforum forum name which is a link open in a new window.

Thanks,
      Dean
      Dean Miller, W4DDM
      www.HiramMaxim.Net

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X