Change Hyperlink color in posts ONLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Change Hyperlink color in posts ONLY

I need really exact directions on how to change the hyperlink color in the posts only.

I found this discussion http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...yperlink+color very confusing.

The suggestion to make the change to the additional.css did not work for me, whether I put it on top or bottom.

Thanks!

How about a link to your site. The below css ( that was posted in that thread) works on my default vbulletin site.

HTML Code:
    .postcontent a {
            color: #3333CC;
    	}

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      How about a link to your site. The below css ( that was posted in that thread) works on my default vbulletin site.

HTML Code:
      .postcontent a {
          }
      www.bhuz.com

Please tell me exactly where to put that code, including the full path to the correct template.
      Thanks!!

Comment

The full path to the template is Style Manager > Edit Template > CSS Templates > additional.css

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Is additional.css supposed to be blank?

I tried adding:

.postcontent a {
          color: #1A2A3A;
          }

to the blank additional.css template but nothing changed. Links still show normal color.

Comment

Then how about a link to the page.

Comment

www.drafttalkcentral.com/forums

Thanks.

Comment

You have one post I can view on your forum and it has no links in it. I cannot see what is going on when I don't have a link to a showthread page that has the issue.

I took a look at the additional.css for the default style you are using and there is nothing in it. If you added the code I posted, then that should be in there. So, I don't think you added it correctly.

Comment

Sorry, board is brand new. I have another site, phillysportscentral.com/forums, which has been around a little longer. I had this same link bolding issue a while back when I started that one, and someone generously gave advice on adding something to a template which worked perfectly, but I stupidly forgot to write it down. Now I forget what it was and which template I put it in.

I added the above referenced code to the additional.css template and created a test post with a link in my one thread.

Thanks for your help; it's appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post

HTML Code:
                    .postcontent a {
                        }

It worked! Thanks!

Comment

Figured it out. Through searching, I found that adding ".postcontent a {text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold;}" to the bottom of the vbulletin-chrome.css template worked.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X