• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Here is the query to set passwords in vB:

UPDATE user
    SET password = MD5(CONCAT(MD5(password'), salt))

For future reference pP=lease note that code-related questions should be asked over at vbulletin.org.

Given the tenor of this 'discussion', this thread is now closed.

Leave a comment:

• JoeBannon
    replied
    I bet vbulletin staff love that you ruin their business and insult other clients.

To staff: what kind of community is this that you let a customer like this on your support board?! This is NOT good business.

Originally posted by Ace View Post
    Nyaaah nyaah nyaahh, can't make me.

You are clearly incapable of understanding the simple concept that what you want is not available here.

Best of luck being a complete prick, it works even better in the real world than on a forum.

Leave a comment:

• Private_Ale
    replied

You are clearly incapable of understanding the simple concept that what you want is not available here.

Best of luck being a complete prick, it works even better in the real world than on a forum.
    Did you not get your bottle of milk before bed, or has a bug just crawl up your butt?

I fail to believe that you are a competent adult, perhaps you're not and that is why you are trying to act like some tough guy on the internet. Did you get bullied in school when you asked a valid question, and now you feel the need to do it to others? If I recall correctly, the vBulletin developers developed vBulletin (see what I did there?). For that reason what he wants is available here. Whether or not the forum staff know the answer to his question is a different statement.

Why don't you grow up and take your own advice, because in this thread, you're the only prick I've seen. Go troll your own forum, but since you're here you obviously have no one there talk to.

I, for one, am appalled by the response (or lack thereof) in this thread by vBulletin staffers. Not answering a valid question is one thing [unless that generic copy-paste constitutes as an answer], but letting this child 'Ace' troll a customers thread with no recourse is a whole different story.

When purchasing vBulletin one of the bullets has the text 'Free forum support', if vBulletin has no interest in providing this 'free forum support', then just say so and close the thread. However to let this thread get derailed and have some sorry little man with a god complex come in and troll the aforementioned customer, how is this in any way a professional environment?

If a potential customer sees this thread, what will they say? If vBulletin is supposed to be a professional-grade forum why don't you (vBulletin Forum Staff) make your own community forum a shining example?

I'm going to report my own post. Possibly if vBulletin wants to restore what respect I originally held for them they will give this thread a thorough scrub and remove all nonsense posts including mine. I doubt it, but maybe they'll come to the realization that there are trolls on the internet and in that regard a forum requires policing.

Leave a comment:

• JoeBannon
    replied
    What goes around, comes around.

Originally posted by Boofo View Post
    Nice 'tude, dude.

Leave a comment:

• Boofo
    replied
    And you are good at it, sir.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    It IS my raison d'etre, you know.

Leave a comment:

• Boofo
    replied
    You crack me up! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeBannon View Post
    I can tell you want to do any time I want, just like I'm going to do again. You are not welcome in this thread. Go away and never reply to me again.

As I said, I'm not altering vbulletin.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    But I don't need help writing custom code, nor am I going to alter vbulletin in any way. I'm asking a valid question on the vbulletin support forum. I'm a paying customer and I expect to get my question answered... HERE!

I want to know the formula on how the password cookie is created. Simple question that deserves a simple answer instead of this waste of time.
    Love that entitlement complex.

Find where it says anywhere in the EULA that you have the right to demand this question be answered, and you're golden.

Leave a comment:

• Boofo
    replied
    Nice 'tude, dude.

Leave a comment:

• JoeBannon
    replied
    But I don't need help writing custom code, nor am I going to alter vbulletin in any way. I'm asking a valid question on the vbulletin support forum. I'm a paying customer and I expect to get my question answered... HERE!

I want to know the formula on how the password cookie is created. Simple question that deserves a simple answer instead of this harassment I'm getting from other customers.

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    If you need help with writing custom code, or understanding various functions, vBulletin.org would be the correct place to get help.
    Last edited by JoeBannon; Mon 6 Dec '10, 10:40pm.

Leave a comment:

• JoeBannon
    replied
    I can tell you want to do any time I want, just like I'm going to do again. You are not welcome in this thread. Go away and never reply to me again.

Become a moderator here, then you get to tell me what to do.

You want to WRITE SOME CODE. That's customizing. Plain and simple. Go to .org for that, or keep arguing here pointlessly.
    As I said, I'm not altering vbulletin.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by Boofo View Post
    Like that would make a difference.
    Oooh... Why I oughta...

Leave a comment:

• Boofo
    replied
    Like that would make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Both can be true. Please don't hi-jack my thread, stay out unless you can provide the answer.

You want to WRITE SOME CODE. That's customizing. Plain and simple. Go to .org for that, or keep arguing here pointlessly.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X