X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greek76
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Profile customization not working

I have it enabled in the vbulletin options and also usergroup permissions. When I visit my profile settings I don't see it anywhere and either do my users. Im using the latest version 4.1 something. Any ideas?
    Acrow Host
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

If you enabled it, it should be there. My guess is that a customization is causing this.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Greek76
      • Sep 2006
      • 3.6.x

Im sorry but I just realized that it was always there but I was looking at the wrong section.

Anyways this is pretty strange. I checked suspected file version and I got tons of them.
      Suspected file versions I get tons.

Admincp
      ajax.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinitrader_misc.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinmarket.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinmarket_maintenance.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinrule_admin.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinvba_cmps_admin.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinvbacmps_install.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinxperience_admin.phpFile does not contain expected contents

./includesbitly.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletincallback.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinclass_core.phpFile does not contain expected contentsclass_dm_itrader.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinclass_xperience.phpFile does not contain expected contentsclearsessions.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinconnect.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinfunctions_itrader.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinfunctions_itrader_urlcheck.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinfunctions_xperience.phpFile does not contain expected contentsindex.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletininstall_xperience.phpFile does not contain expected contentsmysqlbackup.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinredirect.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletintest.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinvba_cmps_adminfunctions.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinvba_cmps_global.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinvba_cmps_include_bottom.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinvba_cmps_include_template.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinvba_cmps_include_top.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletin
      Last edited by Greek76; Sun 5 Dec '10, 3:34pm.
      Acrow Host

Comment

• Greek76
        • Sep 2006
        • 3.6.x

I just did another upgrade to see if that would fix the problem but it doesn't. I still get tons of File not recognized as part of vBulletin. Even during gthe upgrade it was getting stuck and wouldnt get passed certain steps unless I kept refreshing and reupgrading.
        Acrow Host

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

'File not recognized' is not a problem. Also I thought you said the problem was resolved?

Im sorry but I just realized that it was always there but I was looking at the wrong section.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Greek76
            • Sep 2006
            • 3.6.x

Ah ok so I guess the problem is resolved then.
            Acrow Host

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎