AdminCP - Log in successful - Re directed to login screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] AdminCP - Log in successful - Re directed to login screen

It is a vicious loop, it only affects my test site. trying to upload impex for testing and this is what i get when i try to log in.

This is probably a cookie domain/path issue. To fix this, upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Use this to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults. And then leave your cookie domain and path at the default settings. There is no reason to change these. If you need to specify a unique cookie, use the cookie prefix setting in config.php instead.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I will try it now, it is for the test site, the cookies had to be changed to /testvb/

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        This is probably a cookie domain/path issue. To fix this, upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Use this to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults. And then leave your cookie domain and path at the default settings. There is no reason to change these. If you need to specify a unique cookie, use the cookie prefix setting in config.php instead.
        Reset both and did not work. It brings me back to the login box.

Comment

Ok I am using Safari, I cleared all cookies and that did the trick. The tools.php did not help, but next time I will try it first.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X