cms 4.0.8 facebook question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] cms 4.0.8 facebook question

I am trying to add facebook to the forum and - following the instructions given in this forum - I arrive at this statement on the facebook page. Is there a paid developer account that I must have? Or what? Thanks

Your account must be verified before you can take this action. Please verify your account by adding your mobile phone or credit card.
    Ed Shuck
    noevalley.com

Never heard of that, and I was never asked to do that. I simply followed these instructions exactly:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/facebook_enable
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve,

That is what I have been getting and am still getting. The url that I am being sent to is:

http://www.facebook.com/developers/#.../createapp.php

If desired, I will do a ticket and include my log in info.

ed
      Ed Shuck
      noevalley.com

Comment

You need to be logged into your Facebook account, then the http://www.facebook.com/developers link will work.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have gone onto the page logged in and it came up as I have shown.

I have gone onto the page not logged in and it ask me to then it sent me to the page shown.

I have logged off and shut down, started up and etc. with the same results.

I ask my wife to try it. Same results. (thought maybe a "senior moment". Something is 'stuck'. Maybe a cache somewhere.

Both computers are on the same account at pacbell. I will try from my daughters house later today.

It is a problem but will eventually be solved ---- maybe with the load of 4.1, I will do that soon.

It is a head scratcher but not searingly anything - urgent or otherwise.
          Last edited by edshuck; Thu 2 Dec '10, 8:07am. Reason: completeness
          Ed Shuck
          noevalley.com

Comment

Hey Ed!

Have you entered your cellphone number into your FB profile? It's necessary to confirm that, so FB can tell you are a real person.

How do I verify my developer account?
            Facebook has several features in place to limit the potential for spam and abuse on the site. Verifying your Facebook account helps you retain control of your account and applications on Facebook. There are two ways to verify your account. First, you can verify your cell phone, which allows us to verify that a real person is in control of the account. This process is explained here.

The second way to verify your account is to add a credit card to your account. You may do so here.

Unfortunately, if you cannot verify with a cell phone or add a credit card, you may be unable to verify your account. All developers must be verified before they can create a new application.
            /help/?faq=17580
            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Ah, I have no cell phone and I am not really hot to share my cc #. So, ok. I am out of the running for now.

I will try my home phone number after shopping.

I am by nature cautious. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Thanks
              Ed Shuck
              noevalley.com

Comment

If one of the kids has no need for Developer status on FB, maybe you could use their number?
                My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Maybe...............huh.....
                  Ed Shuck
                  noevalley.com

Comment

Done and done. The key to the cell is that it wants to text a code for you to reply with. So a regular home phone won't work. But being me, I tried the home phone. Then had to back out to clear things.

All is ok now.

Thanks for all the help.

Ace, I will pm on your site.

Thanks again

ed
                    Ed Shuck
                    noevalley.com

Comment

Not to Hijack this thread..But I hate to create another;

VB CMS 4.0.8 www.masterofwar.net

I have FB enabled and have created a user group for FB, that I'm also a additional user of. All my users belong to the FB additional user group.

I have no problem going to settings, edit connections and connecting with FB. Works fine for me and post's thread links and image to my wall.
                      But the problem is none of my users can. they all get the error message. sorry facebook has encountered a problem with masterofwar.net

Can anyone shine a little light on this for me?

Thanks in advance for any help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X