Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calendar Custom Fields - Am I missing something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Calendar Custom Fields - Am I missing something?

I'm trying to figure out how to use these custom calendar fields but I can't seem to do what I want it to do. I want a field that is not required, but if I make it not required it will simply not show when creating/editing an event.

I'm using 4.0.2 now. Is this a known issue? I tried looking at the tracker but I couldn't find it. Shouldn't this field still show but not require the user to fill it out??

Custom calendar fields? What do you mean?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes. Custom Calendar fields. They will not appear when editing/creating a thread unless they are marked as required.

Comment

There are no custom calendar fields when creating threads in vB. That must be from an add-on you installed.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm sorry, I'm referring to custom calendar fields in the calendar. If I set a custom calendar field to required it will show when editing/creating a calendar event. It will NOT show if it is set to NOT required.

Comment

Sorry maybe I don't understand but I do not see anything like 'custom calendar fields' anywhere in vB. There is nothing like that in the Calendar settings.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
              Sorry maybe I don't understand but I do not see anything like 'custom calendar fields' anywhere in vB. There is nothing like that in the Calendar settings.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-11-22 at 1.21.16 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	3680765

Name:	Screen shot 2010-11-22 at 1.23.08 AM.png
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	3680766

Comment

That is from an add-on. There is nothing like that in the default vB.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

hmm. Ok. I seriously don't remember adding that at all. I apologize then.

Comment

Steve. It is a vbulletin feature...

Comment

Originally posted by crisis04 View Post
                      Steve. It is a vbulletin feature...

Name:	Screen shot 2010-11-22 at 1.32.23 AM.jpg
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	3680767

Look at this image. Upper left says demo. Provided by you guys. and then towards the right of that image you can see the option to create a custom field. It's a link.

Comment

Ahhh, my apologies. That is why I asked where this was. Frankly in all my years of doing support I have never seen anyone mention that before and I have never seen it until now.

I can confirm it does not show when not required. Please report this in the vB4 Bug Tracker here:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

OK. Thank you. I have just opened a ticket there. Thanks.

Comment

Fix was provided in JIRA for those of you who have followed this this thread and need that working. It seems to affect all versions. It is 4.0.2 and 4.0.8 verified.

Comment

Originally posted by crisis04 View Post
                              Fix was provided in JIRA for those of you who have followed this this thread and need that working. It seems to affect all versions. It is 4.0.2 and 4.0.8 verified.
                              Can you point me to the fix?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X