No announcement yet.

How to put polls on sidebar of forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How to put polls on sidebar of forum?

Hi,
    I can get my polls on the CMS page, but how do you put polls on sidebar of forum?

Use the 'Poll' widget.

Admin CP -> vBulletin CMS -> Widgets -> Create New Widget -> Poll

Then go back to the Widgets and click on the 'Configure' link for that one. Makes any changes you deem appropriate, then save the results.

After that, go into the Layout Manager:

Admin CP -> vBulletin CMS -> Layout Manger

Edit the layout you are using, then drag that Widget to the place you want this to appear.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you Steve.

Comment

Sorry, my info was for the CMS, not the Forums. There is no option to show Polls in the forum sidebar. Sorry for the misinformation.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

This seems like it would be popular to put on the forums for a forum block.
          sigpic
          Life is just a Big Skid

Comment

Hi all,
            There is an easy way to achieve this.
            The forums package has the sidebar, and you can attach blocks to it.
            So, you can create a new block type, for polls, duplicating the code found in the CMS widget for polls.
            Of course, duplicating code is not the nicest solution, but it will help sort this problem for the moment.

Hope this helps you!
            Cheers!

Federico

Comment

I was just looking into placing a specific poll into a sidebar like at http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/portal.php (BOTM Poll - MOTM Poll). It seems the widget just chooses a most recent poll - not create one. How does one create a poll for the sidebar (either in the CMS or forum)? Or is this a mod? (I've searched at the org site with no joy)
              ~ Master of my own Domain ~

Comment

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Any progress on this anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by g00gl3r View Post
                    Any progress on this anybody?
                    No. There is a feature request here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-11661

However it has 0 votes and 0 watchers so won't get prioritized very soon.

There is a modification at vBulletin.org that is supposed to do this though: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=266481
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X