Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I change one event that is part of a recurring calendar event string?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How do I change one event that is part of a recurring calendar event string?

How do I change one event that is part of a recurring calendar event? I use the calendar extensively on my forum and have several recurring weekly and monthly events. Sometimes, an event for a particular month may change to a different day. When I try to change that one event, it changes the string of recurring events from the previous months and future events which is not good.

Is there a way to change only one event that is part of a recurring event?
    WestCoastGearHeads.com vb 4.1.10

Sadly no. At least not by default so I guess I'll quote Steve here .........
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking about this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Other than using a modification, the only thing I can recommend is that when you have one of these "shifting day events" coming up, is to utilise the "Notices" feature to grab everyone's attention. Or to mass PM/Email your membership with the revised dates for event xyz.
    Not brilliant, but it'd at least get the message out there.

Comment

That is unfortunate We use notices quite often for other purposes but, guess we'll use it for calendar corrections as well.
      Thanks!
      WestCoastGearHeads.com vb 4.1.10

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X