X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gldtn
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    If the text is stored as that in the database, you will need to run a script to convert that to the proper text. You could try the attached product and see if this will work for you.

*** Before running this, make sure you have a full and complete backup of your database ***
    This worked out awesome.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If the text is stored as that in the database, you will need to run a script to convert that to the proper text. You could try the attached product and see if this will work for you.

*** Before running this, make sure you have a full and complete backup of your database ***
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• gldtn
    replied
    Ok, I finally was able to convert all of them to utf8_general_ci, but my text is still messed up, do I need to do anything else?

Leave a comment:

• gldtn
    replied
    I just tried running this script( http://www.phpwact.org/php/i18n/utf-8/mysql ) to change the collation and it seemed to have worked, but I guess not because in my database it still says latin1_swedish_ci :/

Leave a comment:

• gldtn
    replied
    I went into my phpMyadmin and for some reason everything is set to latin1_swedish_ci ??? that's weird! Also checked my htm charset and it says iso-8859-1

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    What is the collation on the tables in your database?

Leave a comment:

• gldtn
    started a topic [Forum] Words with accent on them

Words with accent on them

I been using bulletin for quite a while in a Portuguese speaking forum which makes use of the accent on words. After my last update from vB 3 series to the vb4.0.6 a lot of post and threads, and articles got messed up for some reason when there is an accent on a word.

any suggestions?
    Attached Files