No announcement yet.

vBulletin Captcha & reCaptcha Not Functioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the standard image capcha is moderately useless when it comes to getting rid of bots.

use recapcha or a custom Q&A for your site.

Comment

Update: It's now working just had to re-upload the 4.0.8 suite , thanks Steve for the support. and sorry if i got you frustrated, have a merry christmas .

Comment

Ok I'm now receiving this new problem, take a look at the images below.

The search icon is missing, the forum icons are missing, the Whats Going On, is messed up, repeating words. Never included the logo isn't viewable, the admincp vBulletin logo can't be seen its squeezed :s. Basically the whole skin is ruined not only is it my designed skins its also the default vBulletin skin same thing.
        Attached Files

Comment

That is a custom style. Many stylevars have changed in 4.0.8, including the WGO stylevars, and you will need to revert those styles then redo your changes. Here is a list of new StyleVars in 4.0.8:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...evars-in-4.0.8

Here is the list of Stylevars that have been deprecated and are not longer used in 4.0.8:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...ated-Stylevars
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
            That is a custom style. Many stylevars have changed in 4.0.8, including the WGO stylevars, and you will need to revert those styles then redo your changes. Here is a list of new StyleVars in 4.0.8:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...evars-in-4.0.8

Here is the list of Stylevars that have been deprecated and are not longer used in 4.0.8:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...ated-Stylevars
            Well the skin is the for 4.0.8 and was running with the forum 4.0.8, So i don't know why i should revert styles. The deprecated are not there in my forum so everything is right, something wrong with the forum, I will wait till the release of 4.0.9 and just upgrade.
            Last edited by ★Jigsaw; Mon 15 Nov '10, 5:12pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
              the standard image capcha is moderately useless when it comes to getting rid of bots.

use recapcha or a custom Q&A for your site.
              Yeah the standard image, really sucks bots can easily bypass it.

Comment

Originally posted by ★Jigsaw View Post
                Yeah the standard image, really sucks bots can easily bypass it.
                Have actually requested it be removed from the software, just hasn't been implimented yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                  Have actually requested it be removed from the software, just hasn't been implimented yet.
                  Nice, but there was no point in adding it in the first place, it was there to prevent bots from entering the forum but doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by ★Jigsaw View Post
                    Nice, but there was no point in adding it in the first place, it was there to prevent bots from entering the forum but doesn't work
                    When it was activly developed it was very successful in blocking bots.

Comment

Tools developed to allow the blind to use capcha also allow bots to do so as well, so it was inevitable that they would be misused eventually. it seems the simple question solution can be much more effective even though it might require some creativity.
                      Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

Yes, for God's sake stop playing with any type of captcha and just use the more effective q&a. BTW, as a reseller I doubt you can compile PHP as you just have a shared account. Just get used to using GD instead of ImageMagick. And don't screw with Filezilla, it works fine by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Videx View Post
                          Yes, for God's sake stop playing with any type of captcha and just use the more effective q&a. BTW, as a reseller I doubt you can compile PHP as you just have a shared account. Just get used to using GD instead of ImageMagick. And don't screw with Filezilla, it works fine by default.
                          Erm... Get Lost... This topic has ended, so why do you have to be such a retard and start all over again, and i was not playing with the captcha it just wasn't appearing and i did not fiddle with it at all, also i wasn't screwing with Filezilla if someone was to tell me the default settings are fine then would've been great, but i was just making sure with Steve, twat.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X