No announcement yet.

Manual (SQL) account deletions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Manual (SQL) account deletions.

I have some questions we're asking in account registration that allow us to determine 'real' users from spam bots, etc. What is the SQL query I need to execute to delete a user from the forum, to avoid orphan data in other tables?

Also, there doesn't seem to be a straight-forward way to search (in SQL) for custom profile fields, such as a radio button (ARE YOU A SPAMMER, YES/NO). Does anyone have an example?

My hope is to run a cron job (real cron, not vbulletin cron) that goes through and deletes all matching accounts at midnight. In addition, that script is going to update paid subscriptions for registered users who are on a member list in another database.

Thanks

Don't delete users from the database directly. There is too much that goes into that - several different user tables and also dealing with posts the user made in the forum or PMs or VMs, etc. Delete users from the admincp.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

If that's the case, I would need better search/bulk operations within the Admin CP. Right now, I can search for 'ARE YOU A SPAMMER' custom field, but I can only delete one at a time (about 200 a day). I would like to be able to say 'BAN and MARK INACTIVE' or something. I may have just alleviated this by using an htaccess file to deny access to all non-ARIN IP space, but what a pain that is.

Comment

200 spammers a day? What are you using for Human Verification Manager for Registration? Have you looked into adding any mods to help with the problem?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment