Unregistered Users and Registered Users Can't See CMS home page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Unregistered Users and Registered Users Can't See CMS home page

I did a fresh install, and my unregistered and registered user do not have permissions see the CMS home page. I am attaching a photo of the problem.
    I tried looking in the user group settings and I can't see how to give these people permission to see the homepage. Can someone please let me know where I can change these permissions? Thanks in advance....

Click image for larger version

Name:	hompage.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	3719074
    Last edited by rockabilly; Wed 10 Nov '10, 7:56pm.

I tried resetting the permissions in the CMS, and looked in the usergroups as well. If anyone can give me a hand with this I would really appreciate it.

Originally posted by rockabilly View Post
    I did a fresh install, and my unregistered and registered uses cannot see the CMS home page.
    I tried looking in the user group settings and I can't see how to give these people permission to see the homepage. Can someone please let me know where I can change these permissions? Thanks in advance....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49008[/ATTACH]

Comment

It's in CMS permissions. Maybe you need to also clear the CMS cache under ACP > CMS to allow it to take effect?

Comment

Make sure that the license you have got allows you to have the cms on there. If you don't you might want to upgrade to it.
        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
        Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Thanks for your replies. Nothing seems to work. I have the full license for the CMS. The page is published, and I cleared the CMS cache. I went into CMS permissions, and the only group that is not checked is banned users. When I am logged in as admin, I can see the homepage, but when I log out, it won't allow me to view it as guest, or registered member. I just can't seem to figure this one out......

Comment

I'd open a support ticket at this point.

Comment

I got the exact same problem! Got it 30 minutes ago. Haven't changed any permissions, worked 45 minutes ago.
              Maybe I should open up a ticket too...

Comment

Originally posted by larsson View Post
                I got the exact same problem! Got it 30 minutes ago. Haven't changed any permissions, worked 45 minutes ago.
                Maybe I should open up a ticket too...
                Something is seriously wrong. All of a sudden, it started working again. I've been away from the computer, so I didn't do anything... ehm?

Comment

Think I found it. The CMS cache made it a litte more difficult to find, but I think it's when you deselect the home page in "Show in section widget", you get this error..?

Comment

Originally posted by carntheroos4eva View Post
                    Make sure that the license you have got allows you to have the cms on there. If you don't you might want to upgrade to it.
                    Eh!? If you don't have a Publishing Suite License, you don't have access to download it!
                    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                    -
                    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by larsson View Post
                      Think I found it. The CMS cache made it a litte more difficult to find, but I think it's when you deselect the home page in "Show in section widget", you get this error..?
                      Yes, that setting affects it.
                      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                      -
                      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                      - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

So, if you deselect the "show in section widget", this should display the home page? I looked for this, but couldn't find it. Where do you find this option?

Thanks...

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
                        Yes, that setting affects it.

Comment

Cancel that... I found it!!
                          Thanks..it works now...

Originally posted by rockabilly View Post
                          So, if you deselect the "show in section widget", this should display the home page? I looked for this, but couldn't find it. Where do you find this option?

Thanks...

Comment

Unregistered Users Can't see Site

I'm having this issue also. I do have show in section widget set to yes. What am I missing? I have cleared the cache. I can't get any pages to display for unregistered users. I do have different layouts set up for all of the different sections. Do I have to set permission preview?
                            I'm wondering if I might have my forum path and cms path set incorrectly? I tried to move my forum to /forum, but it seemed to jumble everything up when I did. The site would not display correctly at all. When I click on the Home tab it tries to go to the forum page and asks the user to register instead of displaying the home page?????
                            Last edited by don wiggins; Sun 18 Dec '11, 8:31am. Reason: add stuff

Comment

Nevermind. I had the group permissions wrong for the unregistered user group. duh

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X