Home Page Manipulation - CMS/Calender/Tag Manipulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Home Page Manipulation - CMS/Calender/Tag Manipulation

This is the format of my site currently...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Whatthesiteisnow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	3719052

This is what I want the site format to be.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatIwantthesitetobe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	3719053

Which leads me to several questions.
    ------CMS
    First I noticed that in the layout/grid manager you can put down the "main content" and "widgets". What if I wanted to put a small picture with a link where I want to put a widget? Is there a simple solution for this? In the picture demonstration I want to put a image/link to the left of the main content.

If I have to code it into my CSS or PhP where can I find the specific area I should be doing this. The way the code is organized is a little confusing to me- mainly for the home page. I don't see anything labeled "home page" code. There's forum templates/editor templates and a bunch of nicely labeled features. However, nothing says "home page". Does a home page even exist? Or? I feel like I'm missing something here.

----------Pages
    How do you create a blank new page? What do you think is the best approach to modifying your template for a single page?

----------Calendar
    I notice that there is a calender. What I'd like to do is put a mini version of that calender on the front page in the content header. In the picture I show I want the logo in the content header to the left and next to it a mini version of the calender. How do you recommend I go about doing this?

Additionally, I want to pull information out of the calender and post it over to the right of the Calender. For example, I want to grab an event and post it to the right of the calender in a color coded manner like in Microsoft Outlook. Then when you click on that event it takes you to the events page, etc. Primarily this purpose is to make the calender even easier to use. Any suggestions?/Thoughts?

------------Tags

To the right of the main content I want to create another context box or something that lists every single tag from any content posted on the website. If there's a movie posted/game posted or anything I want the tag to pop up. Obviously, that would be an insanely long list. So after I accomplish this I want to filter these tags to only list things I want them to. For example- video games or videos only. Whenever, something is posted for a tag that already exists I want to list the number of content relevant to that tag next to it. When you click on the tag I want to take users to the content.

Is there any easier way to do this than I'm describing? Would this be practical to do using vBulletin? Are there features in vBulletin that do this that I'm not aware of?

Hope to hear from someone soon!

Anyone have any information on this today? ^_^

Comment

Honestly, I do not know how to do all the customizations you want. The best place to ask for help with this level of customization is the vB mod site: www.vbulletin.org
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

daaaaaaaang. ok I'll give them a try. Thx.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X