This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] restore a deleted user

Hi, a user was deleted from my database but I'd like to restore him. Is there ANY way I could possibly do this?

one way is to restore an older database that you backed up.

Comment

Originally posted by CvP View Post
      one way is to restore an older database that you backed up.
      If you do that you would lose all data added since that backup was made.

There is no option to restore a deleted user. However did you delete his posts as well?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by guitartrash88 View Post
        Hi, a user was deleted from my database but I'd like to restore him. Is there ANY way I could possibly do this?
        Have a look at my mod here.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=236861

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          If you do that you would lose all data added since that backup was made.

There is no option to restore a deleted user. However did you delete his posts as well?
          No, all his posts are still there.

Comment

In which case, you cannot restore them as such, but you can create a new user with the same name, and use borboles mod above to associate their old posts with the new user.
            Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
              In which case, you cannot restore them as such, but you can create a new user with the same name, and use borboles mod above to associate their old posts with the new user.
              I tried using his mod to associate old posts from a guest to a new user and it didn't work, can you give me a step by step on how I can get this to work?

Comment

Nope, I cant tell you anymore than I posted above. Ive never used it. If you have an issue with it, you need to post in the relevant thread at vb.org.
                Baby, I was born this way

Comment

To re-associate those posts to his new account, run this query:

UPDATE post SET userid='xxx' WHERE username='Old Name';

...with 'xxx' being the userid number of his new account and 'Old Name' being the username on his old account.

Then rebuild the thread and forum counters in that order:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                    To re-associate those posts to his new account, run this query:

...with 'xxx' being the userid number of his new account and 'Old Name' being the username on his old account.

Then rebuild the thread and forum counters in that order:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters
                    worked great! thanks

Comment

Can you now change the 'new' username back to the old one? I don't know but wonder if it would work?

Comment

Hi,
                        I created a new user with the same username of deleted user and run SQL command:

But when i run "Find Latest posts by user" from his profile. it say: Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

How i can solve it?

Thanks

Comment

Please start your own thread in the support forum for your version, with full details of the problem.
                          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
                          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X