X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• malmazan
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    If you create classes in the additional.css template, you can then use HTML formatting in your articles to call that.
    That's pretty sad. I figured a CMS would have a friendlier way of doing stuff like that. At least if I use Dreamweaver like I do now with my static content, DW lets me easily select CSS classes from a list.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If you create classes in the additional.css template, you can then use HTML formatting in your articles to call that. For example:

Code:
    .article_header {
    font-weight: bold;
    color: #ff0000;
    }

.article_body{
    font-style:italic;
    color: #006600;
    }
    Then create your article such as:

Code:
    <p class="article_header">This is the first paragraph</p>
    <p class="article_body">This is the second</p>
    The article then uses the CSS you've created. You then only have to update the CSS classes if you want to change it in all articles in future.

Leave a comment:

• malmazan
    replied
    ┬┐hello? ┬┐Trevor?

Leave a comment:

• malmazan
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    format your article using those classes to get this
    How do I do that?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    You can add your own CSS class to the additional.css template - then, format your article using those classes to get this

Leave a comment:

• malmazan
    started a topic [CMS] Asign styles to text

Asign styles to text

When one designs a web site without a CMS, CSS styles are created so that headers, paragraph titles and so can be given format (say, large and blue).

How can we do with the CMS editor? One can hardcode this using, say size and color, but in the future changing all that formatting would be a nightmare.

How can CSS styles be used in the text?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X