Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Additional Links - Top navigation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] Additional Links - Top navigation

    Hi
    I am trying to find how to add additional links and modify the existing ones on the navigation bar which is on the header. I am sure this is mentioned here before but I cannot find which template I need to edit and how. Thanks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	navigation_bar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	3718999

  • #2
    there is a mod at vbulletin.com that makes it really easy
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by AladdinG View Post
      I am trying to find how to add additional links and modify the existing ones on the navigation bar which is on the header. I am sure this is mentioned here before but I cannot find which template I need to edit and how.
      Log into your Admin CP :

      Styles & Templates => Style Manager => Choose template / Click 'Edit Templates' => Scroll down, find and click 'Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates' => navbar

      Default Template : ( search the code piece by piece )

      PHP Code:
      <vb:else />
                  <
      li><class="navtab" href="{vb:raw vboptions.forumhome}.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}">{vb:rawphrase forum}</a></li>
              </
      vb:if> 
      Add this HTML below :

      PHP Code:
      <li><class="navtab" href="" target="_blank"></a></li
      Enter the URL and anchored text in the HTML link code above and save the template.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thank you Loco,
        I couldn't find this on vbulletin.com. Do you mean vbulletin.org?


        Thank you Marc,
        This is very useful and I will need to use this option. But I also want to change 'HOME' to 'FORUM HOME'. the reason for this, I have already a 'HOME' link for the main website above these links. I thought it would be confusing for user to see 2 x 'HOME' links which are linked to different pages.

        Many thanks

        Aladdin

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by AladdinG View Post
          Thank you Loco,
          I couldn't find this on vbulletin.com. Do you mean vbulletin.org?


          Thank you Marc,
          This is very useful and I will need to use this option. But I also want to change 'HOME' to 'FORUM HOME'. the reason for this, I have already a 'HOME' link for the main website above these links. I thought it would be confusing for user to see 2 x 'HOME' links which are linked to different pages.

          Many thanks

          Aladdin
          Yes, he meant vb.org not .com, for example this hack.
          But if you just want to rename home to forum home, this should be done by changing of the phrase.
          .......

          Comment


          • #6
            Thank you Ramsesx,
            I have now registered with vb.org.
            Also, sorry to be so naive. I only just installed vBulletin and have been learning a lot this weekend.
            I was also hoping to find the phrase 'HOME' in the code where the NavBar is. But it is not there. Do I find this elsewhere?

            Aladdin

            Comment


            • #7
              Aladdin, you need to go into your admin control panel to "Languages & Phrases" and "search in phrases" for home. Not in the navbar code.
              .......

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
                Aladdin, you need to go into your admin control panel to "Languages & Phrases" and "search in phrases" for home. Not in the navbar code.
                Thanks

                Comment

                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X