upgrade did nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] upgrade did nothing

i used to have a techy guy do all my upgrades for me and hasnt been around in a while so i attempted this one myself. i am at version 4.06 pl1 and tried to go to version 4.08. saw no errors during anything i did, nothing in the script upgrade but yet nothing upgraded and im still sitting at old version of 4.06.
    so anyone with any ideas or suggestions please help. im loosing members by the day with always having album or picture upload errors.

Did you run the install/upgrade.php script?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

yes i did. and now ive tried this 4 times and still nothing changed. i think i may be sending it to the wrong erea in the filzilla
      i went in and removed the files it says to in the new 4.08 as in the how to video, but i dont see it say to rename 1 like it says to in the written how to. and i wouldnt know what to rename to as the last person doingt his never told me if he did or didnt rename any, but if this is the case id have figured id get erros, and i didnt get any

Comment

Maybe you better wait for your techy guy come back.

Comment

ya...hes dissapeared ror 2 month now.,i cant. gues sill have to pay my server guy to do it. i dont have time for this with other work full time.

Comment

If you want to try it again, here's another install instruction, good luck.
            You could also let the vbulletin support do this for you, will cost you Professional Installation - $150.00

Comment

It sounds like one or more files didn not get uploaded to the right place. When you run the upgrade script, what does the top left corner say the file verisons are?

Comment

not sure what the left side said but the rt side with xml stuff sya 4.06 still. if files didnt go wouldnt it tell me this as they uploaded. i get absolutly no errors anywhere.

ill read the next how to above, thx.

Comment

ok i read that one along with the video.

this is where i think its going wrong.................

You should now rename the 'upload' folder to match whatever name you gave to the directory containing your vBulletin files on your web server. In this example, the folder containing the vBulletin files is called 'forums'.

NOTE: If you have changed the names of the 'admincp' and 'modcp' directories in your config.php file, be sure to make the same change to these subdirectories prior to uploading.

If you are installing vBulletin into your root directory then you should name the upload folder to the same as your root (commonly public_html - although check your own setup first)

when i click in the root folder it says its empty

Comment

If your techy guy installed your vb before, you may have already a folder with all the files. Didn't you find this folder?

Comment

ya ive seen the installed stuff...only way to run an upgrade isnt it.

im using filezilla, to the left is my end here
                      at rt sider has the remote site, in remote box says public html. then from the new 4.08 afer removing the 2 files ive dragged the rest over the php files not folders to the rt side. does the transfer then my script deal and then nothing. so it would seem its obvious im not sending them to the right erea in the remote side.
                      Last edited by Medicman; Sun 31st Oct '10, 7:00pm.

Comment

and to the left in the script erea it says vb 4 upgrade system and rigfht side is 4.06 xml file version.

Comment

Then you havent upload the files correctly.

Comment

ya kinda figured that when it dont work,....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Medicman View Post
                              i went in and removed the files it says to in the new 4.08 as in the how to video,
                              What? I have never removed any files during my upgrades. Are you talking about removing /install/install.php from your 4.0.8 package before you upload?

The file upload problem is a different one and you need to make sure your attachment folder is writable.

Comment

Working...
                              X