Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

config.php

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Blog] config.php

    I found the following in config.php

    Code:
    // Image Processing Options
        // Images that exceed either dimension below will not be resized by vBulletin. If you need to resize larger images, alter these settings.
    $config['Misc']['maxwidth'] = 2592;
    $config['Misc']['maxheight'] = 1944;
    some images in my Blogs are very big;

    should I change the settings to 1024 and 768 ? or even 800 and 600 ?
    http://sulasno.bravehost.com/android.png

  • #2
    Originally posted by sulasno View Post
    I found the following in config.php

    Code:
    // Image Processing Options
        // Images that exceed either dimension below will not be resized by vBulletin. If you need to resize larger images, alter these settings.
    $config['Misc']['maxwidth'] = 2592;
    $config['Misc']['maxheight'] = 1944;
    some images in my Blogs are very big;

    should I change the settings to 1024 and 768 ? or even 800 and 600 ?
    If you don't want the images over 1024x768 (or even 800x600) to be resized, sure.
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

    Comment


    • #3
      I am having difficulties in understand the resizing of images

      Images that exceed either dimension below will not be resized (does it mean that images that do not exceed the dimensions will be resized)

      I have an image that is oversize in the Blog; if I want vBulletin to resize it, should I increase the values to say
      3600 by 2400
      http://sulasno.bravehost.com/android.png

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sulasno View Post
        I am having difficulties in understand the resizing of images

        Images that exceed either dimension below will not be resized (does it mean that images that do not exceed the dimensions will be resized)

        I have an image that is oversize in the Blog; if I want vBulletin to resize it, should I increase the values to say
        3600 by 2400
        That is indeed what those words mean. I'm not sure if changing that value will have an impact on performance, but it will make it so all images up to that size, are resized.
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think of that setting in config.php as a limit to keep vB from trying to process (resize) a 300000000000000 by 60000000000000000 picture if someone tried to throw one at you.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by melbo View Post
            I think of that setting in config.php as a limit to keep vB from trying to process (resize) a 300000000000000 by 60000000000000000 picture if someone tried to throw one at you.
            Correct, it is there to make sure the system doesn't try to resize absurdly large images.

            Comment


            • #7
              do I need to shut down the forum when I am uploading a revised config.php to my server ?
              http://sulasno.bravehost.com/android.png

              Comment

              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X